Kirby Crossing: UK Mixed-Use With A HEB, W. Alabama At Kirby Dr.

swtsig

2 hours ago, ZRFkris said:

I’m curious about this project, could be HEB’s most urban concept? It is becoming such a dense area, maybe they will replicate Pearl and Whole Foods in midtown, hopefully even more. Love HEB 

More urban than the one on Washington with office and multi-family?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Triton said:

More urban than the one on Washington with office and multi-family?

Yeah, in the most urban version they build their own functional public transit system to other residential and business hubs. The downside is that they set aside 60% of residential units for foreign investors who will leave the unit empty, and they peg the price of groceries to a NYC Whole Foods.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Luminare said:

And the hits...keep...on...coming. Its like every week thus far in 2020 we get an major announcement.

It reminds me of 2012 and 2013 on HAIF. Those were some crazy years... new announcements every week, and they all seemed to be focused in the uptown or downtown areas.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, cspwal said:

We need a 5th downtown.  It could be HEB's flagship for Houston

central market will always be HEB's flagship for houston though? 

the gumption to build this across the street from Whole Foods is just.... wow.   

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 2/12/2020 at 1:48 PM, Urbannizer said:

Despite the title of this thread and references above to Midway, the plat highly suggests to me that this is going to be just another H-E-B. Of course, that's not a criticism of the project. Their newest Meyerland location is really nice.

The landowner is 2700 Alabama Kirby, LLC with H-E-B, LP signing at its sole member. This means that H-E-B, LP is the sole owner of the entity at this time. H-E-B does develop conventional shopping centers that they anchor, but I'm not aware of them developing any apartment or mixed-use projects. Perhaps H-E-B will get more creative, but I doubt they are going to think out of the box with this one.

Edited by nate
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...