65-Story Mixed-Use Tower - 600 Guadalupe St.

H-Town Man

• 1 year later...

https://austin.towers.net/demolition-at-the-6-x-guadalupe-tower-site-could-arrive-next-month/

To build the new tallest tower in Austin, you’ve got to break a few eggs — or, in this case, demolish a completely unremarkable hotel. In other words, the Extended Stay America now occupying the famously “cursed” former home of the late Alamo Hotel at the northwest corner of West Sixth and Guadalupe Streets is not long for this world,

with recent city documents pointing to its demolition sometime next month.

Once the site’s cleared, groundbreaking can begin for the 6 X Guadalupe mixed-use tower by developers Lincoln Property Company and Kairoi Residential — Lincoln can’t confirm to us exactly when the old hotel’s getting knocked down, but permit filings related to street closures around the site during the demolition describe work starting on September 3 and lasting until October 15. It may also interest you that the Extended Stay America hotel isn’t taking reservations at this location after the end of August — that seems as good a sign as any that we’re about to get some action here.

http://www.6xguadalupe.com/

home_hero_b-1920x1948.jpg

• Like 8

• 4 weeks later...

Will be the 5th tallest in Texas when complete.

Lincoln Property Company and Kairoi Residential announced on Sept. 3 that construction on the 66-story office and residential tower at the corner of Sixth and Guadalupe streets has commenced...

https://www.bizjournals.com/austin/news/2019/09/03/demolition-right-around-the-corner-to-build-6-x.html?iana=hpmvp_aus_news_headline

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

https://www.newswire.com/news/kairoi-residential-lincoln-property-company-and-divcowest-have-closed-21022826

AUSTIN, Texas, October 28, 2019 (Newswire.com) - Kairoi Residential, Lincoln Property Company, and DivcoWest have finalized a joint venture to develop the 6xGuadalupe mixed-use tower in downtown Austin, Texas. Both Lincoln Property Company and Kairoi have extensive experience owning and developing in downtown Austin, and San Francisco-based DivcoWest has a long history in the marketplace and is known for its long-standing relationships with technology tenants. 

Mobilization for construction commencement has begun and the official demolition of the existing Extended Stay hotel is currently set for Tuesday, Oct. 29.

1oHap9R.png

• Like 7

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This project has had a crap ton of renderings followed by crap tons of updated renderings.  Two of my favorites are these two night time renderings.  They were posted on the architect's Instagram. But they were later deleted, and there is no other source to credit as far as I know.  But I saved them:  

DQ2TI77.png

bm1qIXj.png

Edited by The Hills
  • Like 2

The re-scheduling of the crane installations has been firmed up according to the right of way closure permits.  They will both be going up between 04/30 and 05/08.  There will be 25 flat bed truck deliveries of crane pieces.

Edited by The Hills
  • Like 2

Looks like they have shut down for the day. As close as this tower crane is to the building next door it appears to me it's going to be a luffer tower crane.  Guessing it could possibly be a Comansa LCL 280. I guess the fact they are closing the streets for 2 weekends is to erect the other tower crane in the center of the build on the second weekend.

fR68F3G.jpg

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, The Hills said:

It's a Comansa.  But I don't know if they means it can only be a luffing crane. 

A luffing tower crane means it has a boom/jib that can raise or drop depending on where it wants to reach. They are sometimes used in tight spaces or if near another crane or building. The construction camera doesn't show the top portion of the crane so I can't see. Here is an example of a luffing tower crane.

JfhkSUm.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Austin has started getting a lot of luffing cranes in the past year or two as tower density increases.  West Campus towers are mostly built with luffing cranes nowadays.  Here's a recent photo of the West Campus neighborhood by Urbannizer.  It almost reminds me of Houston due to so many towers next to small structures in a seemingly haphazard pattern of development.  :)

94888393_10158391046913656_2561897135356

Photo by Urbannizer

Edited by The Hills
  • Like 4

This is the photo in my previous post.  I wanted to point out that a 773' tower is planned on the corner at center-right by the two date palms.  The developer and General Contractor (Ryan Companies) stated yesterday that they are still planning to break ground on the tower in January 2021.  It's called the BBVA Bank Tower, but it is mostly residential.  Having an 848' and 773' tower so close together will make for a nice central skyline peak.

O87zpZD.png

Here's a rendering of the BBVA Bank Tower.

JxQZdZ1.jpg

Austin Business Journal

Edited by The Hills
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...