Buffalo Bayou Master Plan

houstonfella

Absolutely great pictures hindesky! Can you imagine what the experience will be for visitors of our city when this is complete? The 4th of July, anyone?Btw, the article was great...We know now people are watching. Great job Buffalo Bayou Partnership!

• Like 2

I found this on Swamplot this morning. I don't believe it has been linked here yet.

http://urbanland.uli.org/industry-sectors/bayou-city-reclaiming-houstons-signature-waterways/

It's an interesting read.

Another great article! Thanks for finding it. This confirmed what I've heard in the past, that the 2020 initiative will begin to remove the concrete channels on some of bayous, which will enhance their natural beauty and provide better protection from flooding and erosion. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah if you go to the Houston flood maps

http://www.harriscountyfemt.org/

Pretty much the entire park system is designed within the flood plain of the bayou. I'd imagine after any super heavy rain or hurricane, theres going to be money allocated for cleanup of the park. 

From what I remember everything in the park is designed be able to hold up to flooding. Not just the architecture, but also the landscaping and vegetation.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The water had already started to subside. I think the bottom floor and some equipment got flooded. 

Yea you can tell it was higher because of all the grass/trash/weeds stuck in the railing in the background.

man i wonder how the lot lake area is if what i see is way out of its banks i am sure the lost lake area with that restaurant went under

Lost Lake is underwater but the restaurant and the water fall feature was fine. Dog park was covered with about 20' of water

• Like 3