s3mh

Canino Produce Co. Farmers Market @ 2520 Airline Dr

I don't want to hijack this thread, what about the now abandoned Metro station at 20th/W Cavalcade.  Wish Metro would sell that and recoup some tax $ or donate it for a park.   I know most Heights residents are anti- chain, but a Starbucks drive through would fit beautifully on the property that was the Metro station.

A drive-through would not be terribly helpful from a pedestrian/cyclist safety perspective. Also seems like aiming a bit low - your post starts with a park and ends with a drive-through Starbucks.

1 hour ago, native_Houstonian said:

I don't want to hijack this thread, what about the now abandoned Metro station at 20th/W Cavalcade.  Wish Metro would sell that and recoup some tax $ or donate it for a park.   I know most Heights residents are anti- chain, but a Starbucks drive through would fit beautifully on the property that was the Metro station.

I don't know the status of the project, but in April 2018, City Council approved a plan to purchase of the former Heights Transit Center property from Metro and convert the property to a park.

• Like 2

On 8/12/2019 at 1:36 PM, Texasota said:

A drive-through would not be terribly helpful from a pedestrian/cyclist safety perspective. Also seems like aiming a bit low - your post starts with a park and ends with a drive-through Starbucks.

Either would be an improvement over an abandoned Metro station.

Not sure how old that station is but its kinda charming. I wonder if they could turn it in to a park and keep some of the structure intact. 

Drove by the market on Saturday.   It was a cluster to say the least.  A large portion of the market is fenced off, and the parking lot is being taken up.   Many of the vendors in the back were placed under temporary tents.   Only 1 way in and out around Junior's (old Canino's).   One entrance on the North side for the large trucks for the wholesale trade.   Will be interesting to see how this shapes up.   Also, it will be interesting to see how many of the wholesalers stay.  

IMG_3512.jpg

IMG_3514.jpg

IMG_3515.jpg

IMG_3516.jpg

IMG_3517.jpg

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

Make a trip out to see the site on Sunday September 8th and then come over to The Rehab Bar on the bayou and come listen to our band Tinight.

1658 Enid right behind the farmers market at the SE corner of 45 and 610. Enid runs north and south parallel to 45. No cover, just good fun.

4:00 - 8:00

It features me on bass

Joseph Havel on guitar

Steve Murphy on drums

Love to see you.

Come on out Haifers!

Edited by bobruss
  • Like 4

Junior's Produce, which took over the Canino's space in February, is no longer at this location.    Will be good when the construction is done.  The market is currently a mess!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, native_Houstonian said:

Junior's Produce, which took over the Canino's space in February, is no longer at this location.    Will be good when the construction is done.  The market is currently a mess!

It is, I live right down the street. But this whole area is getting a total revamp. 

On 11/8/2019 at 10:48 AM, j_cuevas713 said:

It is, I live right down the street. But this whole area is getting a total revamp. 

Yes, there is still produce at the market but Junior’s (the large place that tried to replace Canino’s) announced their closure a couple of months ago.

I was wishing the best for them, as a regular Canino’s shopper but their produce was always pretty terrible.

• Like 2