Sign in to follow this  
Alpha

Humble Country Club

My high school senior picnic was at the Humble Country Club. I'm trying to find out where it was located, but can't find any information. Does anyone know about it?

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

My high school senior picnic was at the Humble Country Club. I'm trying to find out where it was located, but can't find any information. Does anyone know about it?

How many years ago are we talking about, here? 15? 20? 40?

It could have been El Dorado Country Club, which was on the site where Golf Club of Houston is now, next to Fall Creek subdivision. El Dorado opened in 1964.

My dad was Marketing Director for Humble Oil, my grandfather, an Accountant and we had many activities at the old Humble Country Club.  I can remember what it looked like but not the location.

The Humble Oil Country Club you remeber was most probably the golf course located on Allen Genoa at Red Bluff. I think it's closed down now.

8 hours ago, plumber2 said:

The Humble Oil Country Club you remeber was most probably the golf course located on Allen Genoa at Red Bluff. I think it's closed down now.

That would be at the intersection of Genoa-Red Bluff and Red Bluff Rd. Before closing, it was Baywood Country Club. A few details here https://www.golfcourseranking.com/courses/texas/pasadena/usa/baywood-country-club,-closed-2008/13640/ and an obituary for a former course superintendent here http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/houstonchronicle/obituary.aspx?n=bill-dill&pid=105257764

As it was mentioned above, the El Dorado country club, or it may have been the Atascocita country club. I would have to make some phone calls to help remembering what I could be missing.