Need Help Relocating

Hello all,

My name is Chris, and I am currently living in Iowa. I'm 25, and need a change of scenery. I was wondering where the best place would be to move in Houston.

I was planning to move in 6 months, but Rita has slowed the process, and now I'm trying to decide weather I want to move or not.

What area would be the best, and why?

Basically here are my criteria:

Under $250,000

Safe Neighborhood/Condo/High Rise

I'm considering my options of neighborhoods, and home options (condo, high rise, house etc).

Do you know of a high rise that has GREAT views of Houston? I really like to wake up in the morning and see something besides grass.

I would really like to find a nice high rise that is affordable, yet upscale. If you have any suggestions, they would be appreciated.

Hello all,

My name is Chris, and I am currently living in Iowa. I'm 25, and need a change of scenery. I was wondering where the best place would be to move in Houston.

I was planning to move in 6 months, but Rita has slowed the process, and now I'm trying to decide weather I want to move or not.

What area would be the best, and why?

Basically here are my criteria:

Under $250,000

Safe Neighborhood/Condo/High Rise

Hey, Chris. Looks like Houston dodged the big one! My husband and I have a place in the Historic Houston Heights that is for rent/sale. It is not a high rise, but it would be a good place to rent/buy in that it is a prime location, centrally located, and no lawn to maintain. It is a commercial/residential property. We had a software store there for 6 years with living quarters and a warehouse in the back. It has a wraparound covered carport. It would be totally cool in the warehouse (where the washer/dryer hookups are) to have a hot tub (we did, it was great). The selling price is $225,00.00. It is 2/3 bedrooms, bath, large living/dining or office area, bath, kitchen, and store up front. Central everything. Rent to purchase may be an otion. If you are interested, I can email pictures. We live in NE Texas and the place is available. Good luck!

I'm not sure yet, it seems a bit large for just myself. I really would like a condo in a high rise or mid rise.

Thanks for the offer, but I don't think it would suit me. I'm mainly thinking Midtown or Downtown.

If anyone could post some information on different high rise/ mid rises in Downtown/ Midtown area, it would be helpful.

Thanks again, but I don't think it's for me.

Chris, you may want to look into THE BRISTOL, right off of 610 and 59 interchange, you could wake up every morning to a downtown and Galleria view. If you have $250k to spend, you might be able to get a 2 bedroom there. There are also some lofts over off of Dallas and The Pearce Elevated. Super nice lofts, but right next door to Crack Central, I'm pretty sure the developers are working on that. But open your blinds to 80 story monster skyscrapers. Good Luck Chief !

Could someone tell me what The Royalton starts at for a 1BD 1BR?

I would start a search with this link

You can put 255,000 or whatever your limit is and it will give you a list of all the highrises around that price range.

As for the Royalton, its a bit pricy but awesome views and amenities:

$ 820,200 3333 Allen Parkway 2304

Bldg Name: THE ROYALTON City: Houston

Unit Level: Zip Code: 77019

Bedrooms: 2 Bedroom(s) View: WEST

Bath: 2 Full & 0 Half Bath(s) Build Sqft: 2,278 /Builder

Parking: 2 Parking Spaces Keymap: Page 492M

Broker: CAMELOT REALTY

Good luck on your search, welcome to Houston

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Chris,

Did you get my e-mails? I sent some listings you should consider!

Let me know if you got them.

Thanks!

Joanne Vest

Realtor

Hartman & Associates

713-825-3010 cell

713-861-2004 office

joanne@hartman-associates.com

A true salesman right there ladies and gentlemen, go get'em bulldog ! :D

Hey you can't blame a girl for trying.

Honestly, I was just trying to be helpful. He's moving from Iowa and probably doesn't know the area. I am currently looking for a loft for another client, and ran across several that were in his price range. It didn't take but two seconds to send him the link too. Whether he uses me as a Realtor is obviously up to him. I just thought Chris would appreciate the information.

I'm not going to apologize for doing what I do really well and am passionate about - helping people find the perfect home.

So there :P !!!!!!!!!

Joanne ;)

• 5 weeks later...
Thanks for the list, but I'm still not sure about a high rise. I'm looking at the Woodlands, and Bellaire neighborhoods also.

I already have a realtor though, a family member recommended him when they moved to Houston. Thanks though!

RENT chris,

Y,ou can not buy new construction in Houston without an arbitration clause. That means if your house falls in on you you have no real recourse against the builder. We have no seventh amendment rights in Texas.We gave them up with house bill730, most people are not aware of this alarming fact. No where in your contract will the costs of arbitration be spelled out. It can cost upwards of 50 to 100 thousand dollars for the process and the builders know most of us can not afford it ...so they have no incentive to deliver a quailty product.

RENT chris,

That's an EXCELLENT suggestion, and not just for all the very valid reasons listed above. But, also for the fact that anytime you come into a new community you're not familiar with, it would be a good idea to rent, even if just for six months, to get your bearings and determine what your wants and needs are. The Woodlands, Cinco Ranch, Bellaire, West University, River Oaks, whatever, are all held up as examples of good communities within the Houston area, but they may not be your cup of tea. You may come here and just fall in love with some of the older, smaller and lesser known (and advertised) areas. If you can afford it, Rent first, then spend your weekends driving around, getting acclimated to the areas, determine your driving patterns to your job, check out school districts and local builders. Don't depend on realtors to be mind-readers, do your own homework and you'll have a blast doing it. Houston is so varied and rich in culture and offers many different styles of living. You're lucky to be moving here; ENJOY! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived