Jump to content
Mab

1818 Washington Ave.

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Angostura said:

 

This would be big news.

 

 

Eh, the comment above was a bit overstated. The line parallel to Washington will stay pretty much intact, while the line on Winter St will be removed altogether as part of the I-45 reroute. There will be a new double-tracked bridge over White Oak Bayou.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chef Paul Qui of Aqui is opening a smaller Filipino restaurant somewhere in the Sawyer Yards development in Houston. It could be the Sawyer Yards development with the silos or the expansion at 1818 Washington Ave.
 

From Alison Cook:

Good news: Paul Qui & Jill Bartolome will be opening their new Filipino spot in Sawyer Yards in the new year.

...
they've secured a space and are working on a menu. Much smaller & more focused than Aqui. Eager to see what they come up with.

https://twitter.com/alisoncook/status/1077055946466168832

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/21/2018 at 10:39 AM, ADCS said:

 

Eh, the comment above was a bit overstated. The line parallel to Washington will stay pretty much intact, while the line on Winter St will be removed altogether as part of the I-45 reroute. There will be a new double-tracked bridge over White Oak Bayou.

 

If they decommissioned the Winter Street line, it seems like they would need to double track from the train station, under UHD, across White Oak and by the jail. Seems like a lot of work, no?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, SamHouston said:

 

If they decommissioned the Winter Street line, it seems like they would need to double track from the train station, under UHD, across White Oak and by the jail. Seems like a lot of work, no?

 

The train station/UHD portion will be decommissioned as well. The new bridge will connect the Center St line to Hardy Yards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fence is up on the site and permits were given last week. Hope to see this start soon!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Avossos said:

Fence is up on the site and permits were given last week. Hope to see this start soon!

What's the parking situation down there now?

 

Glad this has signs of life and seems to be progressing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went to B&B today. Parking only on west side of taco deli building and angled parking across from it. Or, of course, the usual mandatory Houston valet at B&B.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is permitting for work on a parking lot for the connecting phase of Sawyer Yards at 1818 Washington Ave, Houston.

The permit is for 1802 1/2 Center St.

 

It is a flipping shame a parking garage wasn't their first choice. A parking structure is in the future, based on the last public renderings. Why not now instead of later when the phase is completed and operational?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because they don't have access to an infinite amount of money? A phased approach seems perfectly reasonable to me. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Limited funds are understandable, but boy oh boy is that going to be a mess to build a structure later. 

 

Not only the general construction, but the parking (with a torn up lot) will be non-existent.

 

It's rough right now and that's without the new retail of 1818

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/12/2019 at 6:44 PM, Visitor said:

Limited funds are understandable, but boy oh boy is that going to be a mess to build a structure later. 

 

Not only the general construction, but the parking (with a torn up lot) will be non-existent.

 

It's rough right now and that's without the new retail of 1818



ineedthisforreactions GIF

 

 


What @Visitor wrote are the concerns I was referring to. Those concerns being Lovett's plan to push the construction of the parking garage until some time after this phase is running, and the clusterf#$% the whole process will be for the businesses, visitors, and residents.

Edited by CrockpotandGravel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...