Navigation Place: Navigation Blvd At Ennis St.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

2 retail structures totaling a little over 21,000 sq feet    http://ucr.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Navigation-Place-property-flyer.pdf  

Rooster sign, truck in the back unloading restaurant equipment.   Edit: The word is literally right in front of me and I can't spell it correctly, Roostar.

So dumb to post this stuff when you're in the process of opening a business.

Posted Images

You know, I grew up in Austin, but have no idea how they came up with ATX. I always assumed it was an amalgamation of "Austin" and "Texas" shorthand to make it sound cool, and that's it. I guess "Austin" itself doesn't really sound cool, so they made it shorter a la NYC, LA, CDMX, DFW, etc.

• Like 3
15 hours ago, thedistrict84 said:

They managed to use the controversial "HTX" in their handle AND got the name of the neighborhood very wrong (this is not and should never be EaDo, that's on the other side of the tracks). I'm almost impressed. 

From the post above yours it looks like Oso's @hectorgarciahtx is also rockin' the "HTX".

• 2 months later...
  • Highrise Tower changed the title to Navigation Place: Navigation Blvd At Ennis St.
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Rooster sign, truck in the back unloading restaurant equipment.

Edit: The word is literally right in front of me and I can't spell it correctly, Roostar.

x4UxCde.jpg

Edited by hindesky
  • Like 6
  • Haha 2
5 hours ago, 77011transplant said:

Teaspresso, a boba tea shop, broke ground a few days ago (https://www.instagram.com/teapressobarhtxeado/). This will be their second location (first location is in the Heights). Looks like they're slated to open this summer. 

I know they said “broke ground” in their post, but I don’t think that’s the proper term in this context, right? I associate that phrase more with construction of a building commencing (when you have a literal ground breaking ceremony). They’re just leasing a suite in an existing shopping center.

(sorry for being pedantic)

3 hours ago, thedistrict84 said:

I know they said “broke ground” in their post, but I don’t think that’s the proper term in this context, right? I associate that phrase more with construction of a building commencing (when you have a literal ground breaking ceremony). They’re just leasing a suite in an existing shopping center.

I literally saw piles of broken concrete slab a little way down from Roostar in the back of the complex. 

On 5/8/2021 at 4:48 PM, thedistrict84 said:

well, if they're going into a brand new, never been used suite (which I think this is a brand new strip center), they will be breaking ground, the first thing to go into a brand new strip suite is plumbing, specifically the pipes to tie into the sewer, they gotta break the concrete to put in those pipes.

so maybe break concrete?

32 minutes ago, samagon said:

well, if they're going into a brand new, never been used suite (which I think this is a brand new strip center), they will be breaking ground, the first thing to go into a brand new strip suite is plumbing, specifically the pipes to tie into the sewer, they gotta break the concrete to put in those pipes.

so maybe break concrete?

I completely understand the need to dig up slab and whatever other work is needed for plumbing and so forth during a buildout of an existing suite in a strip center, I just have never heard the term "break ground" in that context. I just have exclusively heard--and therefore always associated--that exact phrase with the beginning of construction of the building itself. 

Admittedly, I do not work in the construction industry, so maybe someone who does work in the field can interject. 

• Like 1