Navigation Place: Retail Center At 2929 Navigation Blvd.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The Corky’s in Katy closed in December. Has anyone heard recently whether the location slated for this development is still going forward? I know there is still one other location in Cypress that is still open.

https://communityimpact.com/houston/katy/impacts/2019/12/16/corky039s-ribs-bbq-in-katy-area-closes/

1 hour ago, EastEndHeritage said:

My gut feeling is that even if this place opens, it will not stay in business for too long. There is a lot great food in the area for a reasonable price. Corkys is overprice and not even authentic Texas BBQ. Sad to say this about a business coming to my hood.

Agreed on all points. My place is nearby and is usually the rally spot for my friends and my wife's friends. Each group has had the Corky's discussion. All give it a "hard pass" for the reasons stated above. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ljchou said:

I feel the same. Similarly, El Burro and the Bull feels like it was barely open before closing its doors (off of Harrisburg).

Luckily they will be back with Pizza Piaza on the Navigation Esplanade shortly. The TABC license has been granted!

• Like 1

It appears to be a pizza shop run by the folks from El Burro and the Bull (or at least that's whose name was on the TABC Application). They are in the modded shipping container across from Merida. I haven't taken a picture of it in a while, but here is the pic of it off Google Street View. It has since been fully painted, they added some lights and seating outside, and look just about ready to open.

Capture.PNG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/3/2020 at 9:37 AM, EastEndHeritage said:

My gut feeling is that even if this place opens, it will not stay in business for too long. There is a lot great food in the area for a reasonable price. Corkys is overprice and not even authentic Texas BBQ. Sad to say this about a business coming to my hood.

Drive by this strip today. Sign for Allegiance Bank is up, but no signs for Corky's. Bad news for them...

16 hours ago, JBTX said:

Drive by this strip today. Sign for Allegiance Bank is up, but no signs for Corky's. Bad news for them...

Good news for me though. I’m just a few blocks away but couldn’t see myself going to Corky’s and wasn’t super excited about it. Hopefully something with a more diverse menu goes in here.

But knowing my luck, it will probably be a Chipotle. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Navigation Place - Navigation Blvd at Ennis St.
  • 3 weeks later...

They are moving fast on build-out of the restaurant portion. Maybe a half-dozen workers were present. No sign is up, so I’m not sure if this is still going to be a Corky’s or some other restaurant.

https://imgur.com/gallery/vOISdHl

(Sorry for the link, it’s inverting the orientation of photos when I try to upload directly, and Imgur imbed feature isn’t working on mobile)

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

I hate this development. I was trying to stay positive but I hate it. 

On 3/12/2020 at 11:11 AM, thedistrict84 said:

Good news for me though. I’m just a few blocks away but couldn’t see myself going to Corky’s and wasn’t super excited about it. Hopefully something with a more diverse menu goes in here.

But knowing my luck, it will probably be a Chipotle. 

I’ll take Chipotle over anything named Corky’s any day. 

• Like 1