Urbannizer

Navigation Place - Navigation Blvd at Ennis St.

On 3/3/2020 at 9:37 AM, EastEndHeritage said:

My gut feeling is that even if this place opens, it will not stay in business for too long. There is a lot great food in the area for a reasonable price. Corkys is overprice and not even authentic Texas BBQ. Sad to say this about a business coming to my hood.

Drive by this strip today. Sign for Allegiance Bank is up, but no signs for Corky's. Bad news for them...

16 hours ago, JBTX said:

Drive by this strip today. Sign for Allegiance Bank is up, but no signs for Corky's. Bad news for them...

Good news for me though. I’m just a few blocks away but couldn’t see myself going to Corky’s and wasn’t super excited about it. Hopefully something with a more diverse menu goes in here.

But knowing my luck, it will probably be a Chipotle. 

• Like 1

I'm just sitting here waiting for Andes to resurface. Maybe there? Maybe at 2404 Navigation? I dunno, just stay in walking distance please!

• Like 3

They are moving fast on build-out of the restaurant portion. Maybe a half-dozen workers were present. No sign is up, so I’m not sure if this is still going to be a Corky’s or some other restaurant.

https://imgur.com/gallery/vOISdHl

(Sorry for the link, it’s inverting the orientation of photos when I try to upload directly, and Imgur imbed feature isn’t working on mobile)

• Thanks 2

I hate this development. I was trying to stay positive but I hate it. 

On 3/12/2020 at 11:11 AM, thedistrict84 said:

Good news for me though. I’m just a few blocks away but couldn’t see myself going to Corky’s and wasn’t super excited about it. Hopefully something with a more diverse menu goes in here.

But knowing my luck, it will probably be a Chipotle. 

I’ll take Chipotle over anything named Corky’s any day. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, j_cuevas713 said:

I hate this development. I was trying to stay positive but I hate it. 

I’ll take Chipotle over anything named Corky’s any day. 

With all the other options in a 2 block radius, I don't think i would ever eat at that chipotle.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, downtownian said:

With all the other options in a 2 block radius, I don't think i would ever eat at that chipotle.

I would definitely eat at Chiptole, Free Birds, Taco Deli or Torchys if they came here. Fast casual has its place even surrounded by some of the best options in Houston. Those in EADO and the East End really  have to travel to Midtown or Montrose to get any of these "healthier" fast food options. As the population continues to increase on the East of 59, the more need for places like this will rise. This particular strip in Navigation is completely lacking in everything except Mexican food, I would also love to see an even healthier option like a Sweet Green or a Nekter (I imagine a national chain will move in this spot). 

I know these places wouldn't bring people in who live outside of the neighborhood because they are most likely already in their neighborhood, but there aren't a lot of these common options in the neighborhood that aren't pure fast food in the area east of 59. 

Edited by I'm Not a Robot

6 hours ago, I'm Not a Robot said:

I would definitely eat at Chiptole, Free Birds, Taco Deli or Torchys if they came here. Fast casual has its place even surrounded by some of the best options in Houston. Those in EADO and the East End really  have to travel to Midtown or Montrose to get any of these "healthier" fast food options. As the population continues to increase on the East of 59, the more need for places like this will rise. This particular strip in Navigation is completely lacking in everything except Mexican food, I would also love to see an even healthier option like a Sweet Green or a Nekter (I imagine a national chain will move in this spot). 

I know these places wouldn't bring people in who live outside of the neighborhood because they are most likely already in their neighborhood, but there aren't a lot of these common options in the neighborhood that aren't pure fast food in the area east of 59. 

Salata, Muscle Maker, and a Vietnamese place would earn a lot of income from me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Montrose1100 said:

Salata, Muscle Maker, and a Vietnamese place would earn a lot of income from me.

Vietnamese would be ideal, especially after losing VNwich at the Shops on Navigation before it even opened...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, JBTX said:

Vietnamese would be ideal, especially after losing VNwich at the Shops on Navigation before it even opened...

Agreed and I would love a Bahn Mi shop here but I think you have to look more at national chains versus local for this development though. I'm not familiar with any bigger Vietnamese chains but maybe you could convince smaller chains like Pho Binh or Les Givral's to open a shop here. So maybe something like Jinya Ramen would find this location to be fitting, they opened in a shopping center further north, although I would much prefer a Tatsuya spin-off to find it's footing in the East End. 

Edited by I'm Not a Robot
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, I'm Not a Robot said:

Agreed and I would love a Bahn Mi shop here but I think you have to look more at national chains versus local for this development though.

Oh, I totally agree that, based on the location, it's most likely to be a national chain. But we'll see. Hoping for the best.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, JBTX said:

I love Vietnamese, but we've already got Huynh and TH; I'd love some Thai, Ramen, or even decent takeout Chinese (China 101, despite the somehow great reviews was pretty inedible).

On 5/26/2020 at 10:13 AM, I'm Not a Robot said:

I would definitely eat at Chiptole, Free Birds, Taco Deli or Torchys if they came here.

This particular strip in Navigation is completely lacking in everything except Mexican food

All of those options you mentioned are generally similar to Tex-Mex and it’s derivatives. We need more diverse food options in this area beyond any of those.

• Like 2

Have we confirmed this isn't a Corky's? I'm surprised at all of the speculation when it seems like there's been no indication of change of tenant.

10 minutes ago, ljchou said:

Have we confirmed this isn't a Corky's? I'm surprised at all of the speculation when it seems like there's been no indication of change of tenant.

I think there's a little bit of speculation and a lot bit of hoping it turns out to be something better (or at least more interesting) than Corky's.

• Like 1