Tila's At 1111 South Shepherd Dr.

I went there last night and talked to the manager, didn't ask about this specifically but he said business is great. I kind of wish they would close though, we could use a better restaurant on his corner. The food is just OK and the margaritas are not very good.

8 hours ago, native_Houstonian said:

Yes, I'm not a fan of the restaurant either.    The owner, Tila, is not very customer oriented.  Really don't know how she stays in business.

She must be doing something right, as you don't stay in business in Houston as a restaurant owner for 30+ years solely by chance (dating back to when Tila's was still on Lower Westheimer, where Katz's is now). 

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I’ve heard from people in the neighborhood that a bank leased it. I hope they are wrong. The building already appears to be reconfigured somewhat. There’s a driveway in the back now that leads to nothing. I figured it was going to lead to a drive thru after some demolition.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

He got me at this:

“This is the most you can possibly do to a building without completely tearing it down,” Peterson tells CultureMap as he leads a tour of the building. Once again, he tasked local design firm Collaborative Projects (UB Preserv, Georgia James) with capturing the right Blade Runner/Aliens vibe that defines The Rice Box’s signature look.

CANT WAIT! 

Wow, cool. Can't say that I'll be a regular patron at the new location like I am at the Heights location, but I'm glad to see them expanding. They put out affordable, quality food in generous portions and deserve success. 

• 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to Tila's At 1111 S. Shepherd Dr. For Lease?
  • The title was changed to Tila's At 1111 South Shepherd Dr.

Archived