The Woodlands 30-Story Corporate Towers

wxman

This one blew me away! On the front page of the Villager is an article about them imploding the relatively new 11-story Timberloch Tower. At first I thought maybe it was because Anadarko was going to move forward with it's third tower but alas the site will be prepped for reforestation. *eyes watering*

Not that there's anything architectually spectacular about the building, it's still going to take away from The Woodlands skyline. The building was built in 1998 and apparently has been vacant over a year! I find it hard to believe they couldn't find a tenant to fill the building or to get somebody to buy it. I'm sad.

http://www.chron.com/neighborhood/woodlands/news/article/Timberloch-Tower-in-The-Woodlands-to-be-demolished-11001852.php

• 4 weeks later...

Former Timberloch Site

3Y7OfD5.jpg

qvF3mr9.jpg

cslyKYB.jpg

Link to the architect: http://www.jonathanlarocca.com/mofbg1jo8gyu10shud96qld0o68rfh

Link to some of the architect's work (pdf):  https://static1.squarespace.com/static/52e42d2ce4b040632374abbc/t/56b7815bb09f95a6e1646100/1454866779426/Jonathan+LaRocca_Resume+February+2016.pdf

More than likely to be part of Anadarko's Campus as the description say's:

As part of the master plan, we designed a complex connector bridge to connect occupants back to their existing facilities.

And the bridges in the rendering obviously connect to the Hacket Tower. 

Pretty Slick tower(s).

Sidebar, I get the feeling with the amount of "blue-glass" towers going up in the last decade that in 30 years that architectual style will be really distinctive to the 2010's. How many all blue towers are on the drawing board or have been put up in just this city in the last 7 years? 

1 hour ago, Sparrow said:

This appears to be on the land that just had the mid-rise demoed.

Thats an amazing video but after watching it I'm surprised that they didn't make plans for the  incredible amount of construction debris that went in to the lake.

Its unfortunate that they didn't have some sort of netting up to catch some of the debris. I'm sure the fish and turtles that were

minding their own business in the lake were a little  surprised to have a torrential rain storm of bricks, wood and metal shrapnel 

come down on them.

3 hours ago, bobruss said:

Thats an amazing video but after watching it I'm surprised that they didn't make plans for the  incredible amount of construction debris that went in to the lake.

Its unfortunate that they didn't have some sort of netting up to catch some of the debris. I'm sure the fish and turtles that were

minding their own business in the lake were a little  surprised to have a torrential rain storm of bricks, wood and metal shrapnel 

come down on them.

They knew what they were getting into when they were artificially stocked in that pond.

• The title was changed to The Woodlands 30-Story Corporate Towers

Archived