How Bout Them Stros....?

Houstonian in Iraq

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When have the Astros ever made anything easy for themselves. 2 more games to get it done. You neigh-sayers need to hold your tongues until this thing is over, then you have the right to start criticizing "what went wrong !" "Ye who have little faith......." You folks are gonna throw in the towel when it is still 3-2 series. I swear, sometimes I think our fair city does not even deserve a sports team, as soon as things start lookin bad, everyone wants to fold up their tents and go home. Don't blame Lidge, that guy has been on all year, Pujols was due, 1 for 13 facing Lidge, now he's 2 for 14, gimme a break people. Show a little loyalty. Try to keep positive for crying out loud ! You'll probably get to have your party time in downtown on Wednesday. B)

When have the Astros ever made anything easy for themselves. 2 more games to get it done. You neigh-sayers need to hold your tongues until this thing is over, then you have the right to start criticizing "what went wrong !" "Ye who have little faith......." You folks are gonna throw in the towel when it is still 3-2 series. I swear, sometimes I think our fair city does not even deserve a sports team, as soon as things start lookin bad, everyone wants to fold up their tents and go home. Don't blame Lidge, that guy has been on all year, Pujols was due, 1 for 13 facing Lidge, now he's 2 for 14, gimme a break people. Show a little loyalty. Try to keep positive for crying out loud ! You'll probably get to have your party time in downtown on Wednesday. B)

I'm never giving up on my Astros, but I will say this....

A Chicago team hasn't won a World Series since my great-great grandfather was alive.

St. Louis is closing Busch Stadium this season

Houston... no TEXAS team has ever been to the World Series.

This will be one of the greatest World Series of all time.

But even if the 'Stros somehow don't make it there this year, I do think that with the young guys stepping up this postseason that Houston's gonna get even stronger and stronger for the next 5 years. I guarantee a World Series Championship next year for the 'Stros whether they win it this year or not.

What a disappointment! You could feel the excitment; see it on the faces in the crowed. Everyone knew we were finally going to take it; it was only a matter of minutes. I felt it, too. Then they said it best, like a vacuum sucked all the air out of the stadium. That was painful. From the highest high to the lowest low in a matter of seconds. The worst feeling ever.

Two more games. They have to do it! There's been too many disppointments for this city within the last few months: losing two Superbowls, big parts of our city's history gone (AstroWorld, Foley's), our football team (need I say more about that?).

They have to do it! It would have been so sweet to happen last night. Yesterday was 45 years ago that the Colt 45's became the Astros in Chicago, who they'll play in the World Series should they make it. There was no better time than last night. It was perfect. But it's just as wonderful if it happens in St. Louis. Maybe better in some ways. I want to hear the air sucked out of their staduim in our favor. It's our time now. The Astros have to go to the World Series.

Don't get me started. Nobody is giving up on the Astros--what I said was BRAD LIDGE BLEW IT....which he did. He blew that game so badly that I couldn't watch the news this morning I was still so upset.

I agree that the 'Stros NEVER make it easy for themselves. NEVER--and it's really frustrating.

I think Garner should have gone to the mound at ball 3 with Edmonds instead of waiting for Pujols, but oh well!

Now we have to settle this in Busch Stadium. That kinda sucks but hey! Wouldn't it be super sweet to know the last game in Busch Stadium would be how the Cardinals lost it all? A girl can dream.

:D

I would not be suprised if they blow both games in St. Louis. I really thiught they had won last night. then at the last minute they messed it all up. If they don't win there next game, I think I am just going to give up.

Take a look at how we here in Bryan/College Station show our support for the Astros, since we are a far out suburb or exurb of Houston. http://www.kbtx.com/

Jeebus, seriously!! It was like a train wreck. LOL!!

Citykid, it is always cool to see how other cities and towns are so supportive. I heard even Rangers fans are backing the Astros right now! I guess because they lost to the Sox! LOL!!

It's not so pretty on the Astros.com message boards. Cardinals fans are having a party.

someone should remind them what the series is at.

the hands-down best team in the majors is having this much trouble, and losing to a wild card team. let them party, we'll concentrate on wednesday.

i don't think anyone's giving up on the astros. we're just dissapointed, and depressed, and there's nothing wrong with feeling that way after last night, we just need to bounce back. it would have been nice to cap it off last night, but winning four in a row isn't easy, and we have just as good of a chance in games 6 and 7 as we did in game 5.

yes, we have to play in their yard, but the pitching matchups are in our favor.

Anyone remember the '86 Angels? Same scenario, 1 strike away from the series, franchise that had never made it, then, Donnie Moore gives up a home run, Red Sox end up winning the game and eventually the ALCS. Donnie Moore commits suicide a couple of years later.

That said, I have a good feeling about them getting over this and winning one. Yes, the emotion is gone but they're still up 3-2.

Maybe it had to be this way to set up the perfect rematch of last year, when they also went into St. Louis up 3-2.

This series is really killing me both in the pocket book and the liver. I have to pick a bar every game and watch. I think I wore out my good luck karma at Little Woodrows in Midtown. I need to find another spot.

Maybe we have a curse too. A sports writer said we may have the curse of the astroturf, or maybe the curse of building the 1st roofed stadium.

This series is really killing me both in the pocket book and the liver. I have to pick a bar every game and watch. I think I wore out my good luck karma at Little Woodrows in Midtown. I need to find another spot.

Maybe we have a curse too. A sports writer said we may have the curse of the astroturf, or maybe the curse of building the 1st roofed stadium.

I think it might be a curse of not "pitching around" the most feared hitter in the league. :lol:

we are using the roof to an unfair advantage

maybe we are getting payback for that.

C'mon Coog, let's not throw dirt on them yet, the bodies aren't even cold. They can do this. I think they learned a valuable lesson last night. :mellow:

I think it might be a curse of not "pitching around" the most feared hitter in the league. :lol:

That my friend is exactly correct!!!! You walk that bull and take your chances on the next batter. Pujoles was due and my friends and I knew it when he came to the plate.

Damn it!

I just hope that the boys aren't so deflated from the loss that they lose there fire.

That my friend is exactly correct!!!! You walk that bull and take your chances on the next batter. Pujoles was due and my friends and I knew it when he came to the plate.

Damn it!

I just hope that the boys aren't so deflated from the loss that they lose there fire.

If you watch the replay, you can see Pujols actually, "hunkerdown" He knew what the next pitch was gonna be. That hit had nothing to do with the "stadium". That homerun is upperdeck in any stadium. Fenway Park couldn't have held that one. :lol: He absolutely crushed it. :o

i don't agree that you walk pujols. you pitch around him yes, and yes lidge screwed up with his location.

but you don't walk and put the go-ahead run on base and the tying run in scoring position with sanders on-deck.

pick your poison, sanders would have crushed that pitch as well.

I was pretty upset last night, and It was crazy seeing all the happy people getting ready to jump in excitement at the game and then when Pujols hit it, they all turned to frowns so quickly.

But, I won't give up on the Astros either, I know they will win this, they deserve it.

i don't agree that you walk pujols. you pitch around him yes, and yes lidge screwed up with his location.

but you don't walk and put the go-ahead run on base and the tying run in scoring position with sanders on-deck.

pick your poison, sanders would have crushed that pitch as well.

I agree.

Archived