Mab

Bellaire Town Center

Saw this last week and was confused.  Thought it was the Bellaire Triangle shopping center.

Wait! This is the strip center where Auntie Pastos and Lemongrass Cafe are! I think.

Great none the less.

Edit: The new Bellaire H-E-B coming is really making the surrounding area a hot redevelopment. So many things are getting rebuilt and worked on! I know Alexan Southside Place isn't technically in Bellaire but I bet it's apart of the redevelopment craze.

Edited by Twitter1
  • Like 1

Auntie Pasto's is supposedly in the works of building a new restaurant directly behind the existing one. 

• Like 3

Its about time. Bellaire has one of the wealthiest zip codes in Houston, yet is underserved retail wise. Like the lone Starbucks is so small and closes at 8! All these Bellaire residences having to leave and go to the Galleria or Upper Kirby for upscale shopping is losing Bellaire dollars to Houston.

14 minutes ago, texas911 said:

Its about time. Bellaire has one of the wealthiest zip codes in Houston, yet is underserved retail wise. Like the lone Starbucks is so small and closes at 8! All these Bellaire residences having to leave and go to the Galleria or Upper Kirby for upscale shopping is losing Bellaire dollars to Houston.

Crisis averted. ;-)  There are at least 2 Starbucks in Bellaire. 

14 minutes ago, texas911 said:

I think that it is underserved by MetroRail as well.  I think that we can both agree that they should look into putting rail to Bellaire.

• Like 2

Oh I totally agree. Rail should go down Bellaire Blvd. Although Between West U and the Bellaire transit Center, there aren't a lot of commercial nor high density housing to service. Bellaire has a trolley on display to show its history. So I'm sure they are rail friendly.

12 minutes ago, texas911 said:

Oh I totally agree. Rail should go down Bellaire Blvd. Although Between West U and the Bellaire transit Center, there aren't a lot of commercial nor high density housing to service. Bellaire has a trolley on display to show its history. So I'm sure they are rail friendly.

It can't go through the median because that's designated as parkland. Dedicating one lane as rail might work but I have yet to see an example in Houston where METRO hasn't taken up more than one road lane (in a given direction) or required permanent additional right of way.

19 minutes ago, IronTiger said:

It can't go through the median because that's designated as parkland. Dedicating one lane as rail might work but I have yet to see an example in Houston where METRO hasn't taken up more than one road lane (in a given direction) or required permanent additional right of way.

If you had the rails embedded in grass, could that still count as park land?

europe-grass-tram-railway-2.jpg

11 minutes ago, cspwal said:

If you had the rails embedded in grass, could that still count as park land?

europe-grass-tram-railway-2.jpg

The only way that would work (especially without some sort of guard to keep people off the tracks) is if the train went at a slow pace. What you're describing is kind of like what New Orleans does (actual U.S. example instead of, what is that, Italy?) but the trolley pokes along at an average speed of 6.1 mph (source: Washington Post), and even buses move faster than that. Either way, I still didn't get an answer to my question.

Yeah I remember riding those NOLA trolleys.  They were more like amusement park rides than actual rail transit

I'm not knocking the development but why is everyone so excited about this? It looks just like a typical shopping center with a parking lot in the front. 

Edited by j_cuevas713

Phase 2 looks like its going. They already demo'd and cleared the structure that used to house Auntie Pasto's.  

• Like 1

https://realtynewsreport.com/2019/08/25/real-estate-briefs-houston-dallas-san-antonio-and-austin-by-realty-news-report/

Commercial real estate investment services firm Marcus & Millichap announced the sale of Bellaire Town Center, an 8,144 SF retail property at 13438 Bellaire Boulevard in Houston. Gus Lagos and Alex Wolansky of M&M’s Houston office had the exclusive listing.

• Like 1