TxDOT Grand Parkway Segments H, I-1 And I-2 To Break Ground In Early 2018

H.Ham

The Texas Department of Transportation has awarded a design-build contract to Grand Parkway Infrastructure for construction of Grand Parkway segments H, I-1 and I-2, according to a March 28 statement from TxDOT. Construction of the tollway is slated to begin in early 2018, with lanes opening to traffic in 2022. “Development of the Grand Parkway is an important priority for the Houston area and the state of Texas,” TxDOT Houston District Engineer Quincy Allen said in a statement. “Constructing this outer loop system provides motorists more direct travel options for the movement of goods, people and services to, through and around […]

The post TxDOT: Grand Parkway segments H, I-1 and I-2 to break ground in early 2018 appeared first on Community Impact Newspaper.

View the full article

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, Twinsanity02 said:

According to wikipedia construction has started on segment H and I-1. Do not have any visual verification. 

Looks like there is an official twitter account for the H&I segments here: https://twitter.com/sh99grandpkwy

It says that tree clearing started March 26 and another tweet April 10 said that it's continuing M-Sat 0700-1800.

They may have made it approx 1/2 mile in the first 2 weeks.

• The title was changed to TxDOT Grand Parkway Segments H, I-1 And I-2 To Break Ground In Early 2018

Archived