Galveston Is Screwed

Maybe. Maybe not. In reality they don't yet have a clue where this thing is going to make landfall. Only guesses so far.

u kiddin me? galvestons gonna catch the dirty side. the whole islands evacuating. have u seen the freeways down there? almost everybodys flippin. hes already lost money cuz of all the evacuating. . .

u kiddin me? galvestons gonna catch the dirty side. the whole islands evacuating. have u seen the freeways down there? almost everybodys flippin. hes already lost money cuz of all the evacuating. . .

At this point, I'm not worried about the money. Once this storm passes, the city of Galveston, State of Texas, and U.S. Government need to look into spending money to raising the ENTIRE island at LEAST 10 feet higher than it already is, and protecting especially the areas without a seawall.

Rita is currently (thank god) a Cat 3. A Strong Cat 5 WILL hit Houston/Galveston in the future. More needs to be done now to protect H-Town from as many floods as there were after T.S. Allison, and more for Galveston if we don't want to lose it completely. Push for more Galveston preservation funding from the government. They'll say yes. Property damage would be much more costly.

I'm saying this because though I'm a proud Houstonian, I love Galveston and everything and everyone in it.

Archived