A lot Of Renovation Going On Right Now

samagon

I assume it's some locals that are behind it?

There's a real estate company next to the barber shop on Telephone and Fourcade. they seem to be doing the bulk of things. I'm aware of 3 properties in Broadmoore that were either completely teardowns and rebuild, or down to studs rebuilds. And from what I've seen they're doing other properties throughout the Eastwood area. 

They appear to be doing their best to keep the construction within the spirit of the neighborhoods (no crazy big houses, and no 3 story townhomes crammed in). 

It's nice to see a professional developer in the area, rather than some dude who does gut/reno as a side gig. Having lived here for almost 10 years now, it's fun to watch the changes, and the different types of changes that are happening right now.

7 hours ago, samagon said:

I assume it's some locals that are behind it?

There's a real estate company next to the barber shop on Telephone and Fourcade. they seem to be doing the bulk of things. I'm aware of 3 properties in Broadmoore that were either completely teardowns and rebuild, or down to studs rebuilds. And from what I've seen they're doing other properties throughout the Eastwood area. 

They appear to be doing their best to keep the construction within the spirit of the neighborhoods (no crazy big houses, and no 3 story townhomes crammed in). 

It's nice to see a professional developer in the area, rather than some dude who does gut/reno as a side gig. Having lived here for almost 10 years now, it's fun to watch the changes, and the different types of changes that are happening right now.

Where are you from Samagon?

Yeah, the company is called Refuge Real Estate and they actually own the lot where the barber and record thing is. A coffee shop is under construction as well though not allowed to say by who;). They are renovating the small warehouse in back to expand. The lady nextdoor hates them and refuses to sell that beautiful commercial building she has falling down. They recently expanded outside East End and have projects now in Near Northside and 3rd Ward. 

On 3/4/2017 at 1:28 PM, iah77 said:

Yeah, the company is called Refuge Real Estate and they actually own the lot where the barber and record thing is. A coffee shop is under construction as well though not allowed to say by who;). They are renovating the small warehouse in back to expand. The lady nextdoor hates them and refuses to sell that beautiful commercial building she has falling down. They recently expanded outside East End and have projects now in Near Northside and 3rd Ward. 

I've heard that a coffee shop is under construction for almost as long as I've lived here. :D

The last time this rumor was circulating it was going to be operated by Greenway.

Good on whoever it is if it actually happens, I hope they're ready to endure red for the first few years at least. Business won't come as easy as it does on the west side of town.

Anyway, I'll believe it when I see it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/6/2017 at 8:20 AM, samagon said:

I've heard that a coffee shop is under construction for almost as long as I've lived here. :D

The last time this rumor was circulating it was going to be operated by Greenway.

Good on whoever it is if it actually happens, I hope they're ready to endure red for the first few years at least. Business won't come as easy as it does on the west side of town.

Anyway, I'll believe it when I see it.

I disagree. I don't think the coffee shop would suffer much during the first few years. I think the East End is in need of a new coffee shop, assuming it fits the neighborhood aesthetic. I love Bohemeo's but would love more options. 

The Refuge people are doing a great job of updating houses. However, the prices are a bit much. $300K for 1200 square feet seems too steep for me. I actually know the guy who manages the place, Philip Carranzas. We went to HS together. Also, one of their agent's, Ana Salazar, went to the same HS. I'm assuming that's how they have partnered up to get this company going. Good for them!

Welcome to the forum.

I think the area is ready for more coffee as well, but I also think that whoever opens it is going to want to bake in expected loss to their business model. Either way, I'm not holding my breath waiting for rumors that I've been hearing for almost 10 years now to turn into reality.

That is high, but having lived right across the street from one of the places they updated, they do solid work, so you're going to get quality.

• The title was changed to A lot Of Renovation Going On Right Now

Archived