St. Arnolds Expansion

tmariar

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, IronTiger said:

Looks like the space was 2104 Lyons, Zone One Auto Storage, was a towing company that has since moved to another location. It also looks like the other building on the site is still standing for now.

Interesting. I got towed by that comapny once. Craphole place to go to in the middle of the night. Glad this area is changing for the better. Regardless of the name, Hennessy Park is a good spot for some basketball too. 

3 minutes ago, Purdueenginerd said:

off topic, but I was near St Arnolds the other day and I saw a parking garage randomly under construction a few blocks away. It seems so isolated I wasnt sure what its purpose was--- Anyone know what I'm referring to?

The Hardy Yards development

• 8 months later...

Is this an existing building?  Or are they building it from scratch?

It's such a huge space 0.o

Also, it's just east of Burnett transit center and the Hardy Yards development, so it's whatever those are.  I consider it downtown, but that's probably because I can take a Uber there for $5 as opposed to $20 for Karbach

email the founder sent out:

After 23 years, much brewing, getting laws changed, moving to our downtown location, this dream is finally becoming a reality. This will be a restaurant and beer garden open seven days a week on the property next door to our brewery. We will showcase all of our beers including special barrels and beers under development. The beer garden will have an amazing view of the downtown skyline. It will be a place to be enjoyed year-round.

We have worked with Natalye Appel + Associates to create a dissolving metal building that is at once one with the neighborhood yet creates several different environments to discover. Landscape architects OJB have designed a beer garden that is comfortable and inviting - a place to enjoy with friends and family.

On 11/16/2017 at 11:32 PM, CrockpotandGravel said:

Correct. It's a new building. Saint Arnold Brewing is building its new beer garden and restaurant across the street at 2104 Lyons Ave, where Zone One Auto Storage had its business.

Here is a Google Map image of 2104 Lyons Ave from December 2016
SMYKc6E.jpg

Oh where that tow truck company was located???

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I was wrong.  It is scheduled to open in July. The construction on the roof is complete though, hence the lack of work on the south end. They said that that were going for an unfinished metal building look. My guess is most of the plan seems to be trying to use the view from downtown, and having that end more open allows for a better view. It looks great though so far. The restaurant area is super neat and resembles a church.

IMG_2950.JPG

IMG_2953.JPG

IMG_2952.JPG

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/16/2018 at 9:06 PM, hindesky said:

From the freeway below it looks unfinished but from street level I can see what they are trying to achieve.

8FXZTTH.jpg

In architecture I think we will call this style "Post Harvey". We can beat Hurricanes to the punch by using this style! Maybe Peter Eisenman and Deconstruction will get a new lease on life.

32 minutes ago, Luminare said:

In architecture I think we will call this style "Post Harvey". We can beat Hurricanes to the punch by using this style! Maybe Peter Eisenman and Deconstruction will get a new lease on life.

Quick release interior paneling and cabinets pay for themselves in one event!

In all seriousness,  I've been in neighborhood houses with the lower level dedicated to garages, mud rooms, and what in other regions would be "basement" stuff.  After Harvey, I think the custom build market could make some money with these types of designs. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived