Embarrassment of a lineup. Seems like they are downsizing as well (down to 4 stages this year from 5 last year and at least 6 or possibly 7 in previous years). No way I'm spending money on that. Hopefully for the people who do go it doesn't flood again.

Looks like they have scaled back, which I would be ok with other than the price point. But I'm still planning on going, last year I will be able to walk there before we move out of the area. I'll enjoy The Shins, Strumbellas, St Paul (saw them at Continental, really good), The Struts, Portugal The Man. Tove Lo and Charlie XCX will be good later in the night.

They have often announced more bands later, though that was when they were doing the blind presale and made multiple announcements and price hikes.

• 5 months later...
36 minutes ago, Tumbleweed_Tx said:

this is Houston, it's going to rain, they need to rent Reliant and do it indoors.

F that noise.

There are plenty of indoor concerts.  Reliant sucks for concerts.  You would be limited on stages.  No vendor space.  

2 hours ago, Tumbleweed_Tx said:

this is Houston, it's going to rain, they need to rent Reliant and do it indoors.

yes you are correct but usually in late summer around this time, it doesn't rain as much.  just brief afternoon downpours which wouldn't cause flooding issues if that.

46 minutes ago, cspwal said:

Maybe they can do it in Hermann park or Discovery green or Memorial park? Somewhere that it doesn't flood as much?

if at Hermann park, it would cause havoc for the Med Ctr. with regards to traffic flow and shutting down roads.  they just need to tweak the dates a little bit,  maybe even make it a fall festival.

Archived