Urbannizer

The Village of Southampton: Senior Living coming to Rice Village, 17-Stories

This seems to be moving along at a good pace. I work at the gallery in the next block on Sunset and it looks like it will be taller than the 17 story Robinhood.

I walk by it at lunch every day and they are not wasting time. I think they are working on ten now.

• Like 3

Few photos from today

OtUNdkY.jpg

0FiIWsz.jpg

ePacbIi.jpg

8mxYBmK.jpg

Then this house across the street.  What in the world? Wonder why it's still standing. Sell it and cash in :ph34r:

7xKqcYr.jpg

foDt8NN.jpg

• Like 6

A nice red brick is going up on the outside of this tower. Looks to be similar shade to the Hanover ten story a few blocks over. So there is now a little mini cluster of high-rises developing in the Village.

I hope the next one will be a boutique hotel. I can't imagine in this area, it not being a complete success. With the Med center, Greenway plaza, Rice U.,  visitors to the

Museum district, and West U. it would be full all of the time.

• Like 5

Working on Sunday and they're on the 16th floor, only one more to go. Windows and brick going up too.

phA4Nua.jpg

xbC1rXz.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Every time I see updated pictures I can’t help but think about the Robinhood condos and that they are getting what they deserve.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

But the residents on that side of the new building also is getting what they deserve?

I wonder if the residents of the condos will throw beer bottles at the residents of the new bldg. like they did the customers of bar that used to be there.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2