One's A Meal Restaurant At 607 West Gray St.

skwatra

The old Bibas location on 607 W Gray looks like it is going to see another change. I have lived close by and started going to the original Bibas One's a Meal back in the early 2000s.

In late 2008, many people assumed "Bibas" moved to Westheimer next to Katz's. Biba is the person who owns the location at 607, and the manager running the restaurant who was an old friend of Bibas had some sort of falling out/issue and opened "One's a Meal" on Westheimer. My source is the son of "One's a Meal" who I randomly met in Bruges, we started talking because I was wearing a Dynamo jersey. Lots of stories about Bibas and shady business. So yes I have one source and its one-sided but he didn't seem to have any reason to lie. Bibas reopened the 607 location but it did not do well (attempted to copy the old One's a Meal menu and it wasn't good). In 2013, Eleven XI moved in and was doing very well. We frequented it and became friends with one of the servers. When we found out is suddenly closed, we reached out and the server said they were doing well and suddenly the locks were changed. Again, one-sided source but it did close with no warning. In early 2016, Skinny Rita's opened their second location there. We didn't go often and I'm not sure how well they were doing. Yesterday we saw they were closed and saw the sign pictured below. No source this time, but I find it hard to believe they didn't pay rent.

1-FullSizeRender.jpg

• The title was changed to One's A Meal Restaurant At 607 West Gray St.

Archived