Westin Hotel: Memorial City At 945 Gessner Rd.

Parrothead

I think a certain portion of the property will be taken by the new interchange. The hotel wasn't that bad. I would meet some people after work for Happy Hour there. Pitcher beers and a buffet.

It would have been great for it to tie into the proposals for the Town and Country locaton.

• 1 year later...

MetroNational's remake of the Memorial City got a big boost today. The old Radisson will become a Four Points by Sheraton, a new 155 room hotel called the Sheraton Houston Memorial City will be built next to Baseball USA, and a new 250 room hotel with 65 luxury condos built on the top floors called the Westin Houston Memorial City will be built adjacent to the new Memorial Hermann Tower that is currently rising.

http://houston.bizjournals.com/houston/sto...tml?jst=b_ln_hl

it doesnt say whether theyre working with the city centre development team. who is doing city centre again?

I believe it is in the plans for city centre to build a hotel as well. if so that is a lot of capacity for memorial city. hopefully theres people to fill the rooms

• 2 weeks later...
MetroNational's remake of the Memorial City got a big boost today. The old Radisson will become a Four Points by Sheraton, a new 155 room hotel called the Sheraton Houston Memorial City will be built next to Baseball USA, and a new 250 room hotel with 65 luxury condos built on the top floors called the Westin Houston Memorial City will be built adjacent to the new Memorial Hermann Tower that is currently rising.

http://houston.bizjournals.com/houston/sto...tml?jst=b_ln_hl

That explains this mysterious building behind the Memorial Herman tower.

NEWDEV_GATEWAY1.jpg

• 1 month later...

Just wondering... Are renderings available for any of the hotels at this point? I take it the Four Points will keep the look of the old Radisson, but is the building behind the Memorial Hermann Tower just an early drawing or the final design for one of the other hotels?

Like Frost bank in Austin.

The Frost Bank Build in Austin leads up to the crown, this building is basically a box and then there is a crown just stuck up there. they should have designed a building to fit the crown, or a crown to fit the building, because the current one doesn't.

• 1 year later...
  • The title was changed to Westin Hotel: Memorial City At 945 Gessner Rd.

Archived