Sign in to follow this  
Otto Mation

New York Times Caught Reporting Fake News On Rick Perry

NEW YORK (Daily Caller) – The New York Times interpreted a quote from a former Trump transition official to mean that Rick Perry, President-elect Donald Trump’s pick for secretary of energy, didn’t fully grasp the role of the Department of Energy.

That former transition official, Michael McKenna, told The Daily Caller Wednesday that the Times misinterpreted him and Perry “of course” understood that a key role of the Department of Energy is caring for the nation’s nuclear arsenal.

The Times story, “‘Learning Curve’ as Rick Perry Pursues a Job He Initially Misunderstood,” was written by Carol Davenport and David Sanger and published Wednesday.

Davenport and Sanger wrote that in the “days after” President-elect Trump offered former Texas Gov. Perry the job of energy secretary, Perry “discovered” that he would “become the steward of a vast national security complex he knew almost nothing about, caring for the most fearsome weapons on the planet, the United States’ nuclear arsenal.”

The only source for this knowledge mentioned by the Times was Michael McKenna, an energy lobbyist who previously advised Perry’s failed 2016 presidential campaign and worked on the Trump transition’s Energy Department team. McKenna left the transition team weeks before the selection of Perry as secretary of energy was announced.

CLICK FOR MORE

The post New York Times Caught Reporting Fake News On Rick Perry appeared first on Covering Katy News.

View the full article

To paraphrase President Lincoln. You can Rely on the Press.  They will Lie and then the will Re-Lie. That is why is is good to have several sources of information.

So we can talk politics now in sections not labeled as "Politics"? This forum is turning into a royal mess!

On 1/21/2017 at 9:44 PM, intencity77 said:

So we can talk politics now in sections not labeled as "Politics"? This forum is turning into a royal mess!

Way Off Topic is set aside for politics. It says so right in the header.

I don't usually post in this section, but it's there for those that want to, so long as they keep it respectful. I don't see it as a royal mess.

5 hours ago, plumber2 said:

I don't usually post in this section, but it's there for those that want to, so long as they keep it respectful. I don't see it as a royal mess.

That's because it's since been moved to the appropriate section. It was in a neighborhood subsection prior.  Lately, many political posts, such as this one originally, have been posted in non-political sections of the forum. This is the "royal mess" I was speaking of. 

On 1/21/2017 at 9:44 PM, intencity77 said:

I get it now.