Marigold Club At 2531 Kuester St.

roadrunner

This has had so many stops and starts...it was going to be apartments/condos at one point.  They put the piers in the ground.  That didn't get off the ground and then the San Jose people from Austin were going to put a hotel there.  Then most recently Grant Gordon was going to run a restaurant there.  He passed away and that was apparently scrapped.  It's gotten to the point that I can't remember what was there before...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/26/2017 at 0:20 AM, j_cuevas713 said:

Wait a sec, so all that land fenced off is just what... for parking???

iirc the tract with westheimer frontage will be parking with the bar in the back. odd configuration unless they have future plans for the parking lot which is possible i suppose.

• 3 weeks later...

Located across from Poison Girl and next to La Grange - Montrose now has a cool country bar inspired by Gruene Hall! Opened 12/22/17 

http://www.houstonpress.com/restaurants/goodnight-charlies-a-houston-honky-tonk-opens-in-montrose-10061085

and

https://houston.eater.com/2017/12/22/16809512/houston-goodnight-charlies-opening-december-2017

Edited by gene

nice spot - kinda wish they added an upstairs balcony and a little more patio space. the "shaken or stirred" drinks rule is a little odd, though... i definitely get not wanting to be a craft cocktail spot but not being able to get an old fashioned, bloody mary or martini is a little moo

On 12/27/2017 at 11:35 AM, gene said:

This venue is super cool! Really loved going there the other night! 

Maybe it’s just me but is anyone else annoyed by thread titles with just addresses in the title?  I’m sure it’s just my pet peeve, but if we have a name of the business why not just use that as the title? The heights forum is full of them and it’s hard for my little brain to keep track of what addresses match what business.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nate4l1f3 said:

Maybe it’s just me but is anyone else annoyed by thread titles with just addresses in the title?  I’m sure it’s just my pet peeve, but if we have a name of the business why not just use that as the title? The heights forum is full of them and it’s hard for my little brain to keep track of what addresses match what business.

On 12/29/2017 at 1:30 PM, gene said:

This thread needs to be renamed to the correct address of 2531 Kuester instead of the westheimer address 

Sorry, Meant to to quote this reply ^^^

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nate4l1f3 said:

Sometimes the business that the address refers to go under (pretty sure I've seen one thread where that happened). Plus, it can be helpful to refer to previous occupants of the property as well.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, IronTiger said:

Sometimes the business that the address refers to go under (pretty sure I've seen one thread where that happened). Plus, it can be helpful to refer to previous occupants of the property as well.

Fair. Maybe add the biz name in the tittle along with the address? 

• Like 2

Just edited the subject.  I had started it prior to knowing what was being built there.

They did a good job with the parking lot.  I was a little worried but it is an aesthetically pleasing parking lot that doesn't really detract from the street view.  Well done.

I tried the bar and it's not my thing but I can see it going over well with Aggies, etc.  Even if it fails it's a nice structure for whatever would replace it.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, gene said:

I agree with the parking setup! now if we could only figure out what in the heck is going on with the remainder of the old buffalo exchange building! haha!

The waitress mentioned that they own that site as well. I wanna say she said the owner was doing some sort of wine concept maybe..? I was a few IPAs in so I don’t remember exactly. 

• 5 months later...