Sclumberger Building At 2720 Leeland St.

Chronicle

http://www.chron.com/business/real-estate/article/Schlumberger-building-to-be-remade-in-EaDo-10854832.php

Local preservationist David Denenburg has purchased the Schlumberger building in the east end with plans to restore the property and fill it with tenants to serve the burgeoning neighborhood around it.

The 1938 structure, a rare Houston example of Art Deco architecture, was long ago the U.S. headquarters for oil services giant Schlumberger.

Denenberg envisions retailers occupying the first floor and office space and/or a medical user in the rest of the building.

"All these townhouses are scattered all over the area with zero retail," he said

Noticed work on this site and found this. He makes some good points. I can vouch that there is no retail in that area.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2017 at 4:09 PM, samagon said:

I'm happy that this iconic building that helped shape our city is not just going to be around for a while, but will be used.

It was always on my "places to buy and revive into kick ass condos if I win the lottery" list

Same here!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

I drove by this site regularly. The paintwork (which honestly looks pretty shoddy up close and with a bunch of overspray clearly visible on the windows) was done months ago. 

Also, that lift has been in the same position for a while. I hope they’re not just renting it, because if they are they aren’t getting their money’s worth.

• 4 months later...
On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 3:17 PM, hindesky said:

twWPKHE.jpg

It looks like the Keystone Cops did the paint job. Silly that they even felt the need to paint it. In cities all over the world, buildings with natural stone and a few age marks are perfectly viable, but in Houston everything must be shiny and new.

• The title was changed to Sclumberger Building To Be Redeveloped In EaDo
  • The title was changed to Sclumberger Building At 2720 Leeland St.

Archived