Luxury One Apartments: Proposed Multifamily At 5020 Larkin St.

Urbannizer

• 2 weeks later...

14 minutes ago, Purdueenginerd said:

Cottage Grove is going to need to upgrade its streets at some point. Developments like this I welcome, but they serve to add more parking issues within the neighborhood. 

I used to live in Cottage Grove and parking was definitely an issue, especially since I lived in one of the town homes with a shared driveway. The other thing they need to work on, is to cover up the ditches on the side of the road (not just this neighborhood but others in houston as well). I have seen so many people fall into them while driving. 

• Like 1

Serious question: 

What does "parking is an issue" mean? Is it just that the drainage ditches limit parallel parking? Are there any solutions short of rebuilding the roads without them? Would limiting traffic to one-way, one lane, with permanent, well-marked street parking and some sort of partial curbing protecting the ditches work?

• Like 1

(fair disclosure, I live in cottage Grove). The streets are quite narrow, and the ditches make it more difficult to park. When people do park, it's difficult to drive because the street essentially becomes a one way for large swaths. Solutions could involve your proposal. It would help.

I tend to prefer the rebuild the roads and redo the drainage in the neighborhood which is another problem.

Anyway back on topic. I'm interested to see the affects of traffic and parking right in the area.

1 hour ago, Texasota said:

Serious question: 

What does "parking is an issue" mean? Is it just that the drainage ditches limit parallel parking? Are there any solutions short of rebuilding the roads without them? Would limiting traffic to one-way, one lane, with permanent, well-marked street parking and some sort of partial curbing protecting the ditches work?

I'm a little vexed by this. I like it, it looks very nice. Like it should be in east midtown. 

But I live near this and I run through the streets down there sometimes, and every neighborhood thereabouts always has narrow streets and cars parked along the ditches, and it's tough to drive and also to run safely. 

• The title was changed to 5020 Larkin (Cielo): 6-Story Residential Mid-Rise
  • 5 months later...
  • The title was changed to Cielo & Cielo Dos: Future Multifamily at Larkin/Roy
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Cielo & Cielo Dos: Future Multifamily At Larkin/Roy
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to Luxury One Apartments: Proposed Multifamily At 5016 Larkin St.
  • The title was changed to Luxury One Apartments: Future Multifamily At Larkin & Roy St.
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • The title was changed to Luxury One Apartments: Proposed Multifamily At 5020 Larkin St.
  • 2 months later...