Astroworld Plot Redevelopment News

editor

I spent a a lot of time at Astroworld in the late 70s and I was pretty high, but clearly not high enough.

Is this for real? Damn! The frontman is high too. Just look at that hat. It looks like a dessert. With tassels.

Yeah, I was looking at the sign up above the crew, showing the hat-wearing head of the frontman, and couldn't help but think: hairy acid-dropping pedophile pimp that shops at the Suit Mart at South Loop & Almeda, but not before getting his rocks of at Fantasy Spa and then buying himself something kinky at Carmen's, all within walking distance.

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

your avatar kinda creeps me out. :rolleyes: what is it?

:lol: Do you mean my Daniel Tiger? Anyone from the 1960's care to explain? Ok I will. One of my favorite early TV experiences came from Mr. Roger's Neighborhood, when I was about 6. It was a public station (channel 8, in Houston, broadcast thru Univ. of Houston) children's show, made in Pennsylvania, I believe, with Fred Rogers, before anyone heard of Sesame St. One concept of the show was a trip to the land of make-believe, by way of a trolley. By way of the trolley you entered the fabled city of puppets. Each puppet stood for personality traits, types of people. The tiger was friendly and at times timid. I have always loved cats, & he was my fav. puppet from the show. You can't be serious, you never heard of it?

There was a King Friday, Lady Elaine,

Lady Fairchild, etc. The main idea of the show was to give children self-esteem. Can anyone elaborate?

Edited by NenaE

Rock the Bayou

You can enjoy some 80's metal and walk around the old Astroworld savannah.

wow! Ratt, Dokken, Warrant and Great White on the same bill??!! Britny Fox???

.......I'm trying to decide if Astroworld field in August with thousands of sweaty drunk mullets will be as thoroughly unpleasant as the Metallica/Suicidal Tendencies show at the old raceway park in August, back in the '90s, with sweaty drunk headbangers.

Metal and daylight is not a very good combo.

wow! Ratt, Dokken, Warrant and Great White on the same bill??!! Britny Fox???

.......I'm trying to decide if Astroworld field in August with thousands of sweaty drunk mullets will be as thoroughly unpleasant as the Metallica/Suicidal Tendencies show at the old raceway park in August, back in the '90s, with sweaty drunk headbangers.

Metal and daylight is not a very good combo.

And with that crunchtastic becomes the latest winner in the HAIF Summer Post Card Contest.

Your prize:

gallery_1_86_203732.jpg

PM me your mailing address so I can get it out to you.

• 6 months later...
Just passed by the site and its getting close to being clear. That's a huge chunk of land. What do yall envision being there? I see an extremely upscale midrise community right there. Makes sense.

Three years later..... http://crosstorian.com/southpointe

Sorry if this has been posted somewhere else, first time I hear about it.

also...

The company has recently taken on their largest project to date with the purchase of the former Six Flags Astroworld amusement park site. The groundbreaking acquisition of the 104 acre site is one of the most coveted areas of land in Houston and signifies the highest profile project in Angel/McIver history to date.

http://www.angelmciver.com/About.html

EDIT:

Got this response from PageSoutherlandPage after exchanging emails...

Can you give me more information about the project you are looking for.

Thanks

According to Crosweel Torian Commercial Properties’ .pdf of their project titled, Southpointe, your company is involved.

http://crosstorian.com/Websites/crosstoria...ePrintPics2.pdf

We have not done anything else recently.

Leaves a lot to be read into

Edited by lockmat

The individual structures themselves are interesting, but it looks far too much like a Greenway or Westchase type of development to fully take advantage of the transit/access amenities.

Swamplot states something similar: http://swamplot.com/even-better-than-green...1-19/#more-5689

I certainly hope they will at least make some changes to this development, if it is to get off of the ground at all.