Airwolf

Ashikaga

Of course I remember it!  It was the peak of Jan Michael Vincent's career!

The pairing of JMV with Ernest Borgnine cannot be exceeded in its endless amount of wonderful terrifickness!  The only thing better than those two was the theme music!

airwolf.jpg

I wonder if it would be possible to design and build such a helicopter in real life.

Of course I remember it!  It was the peak of Jan Michael Vincent's career!

The pairing of JMV with Ernest Borgnine cannot be exceeded in its endless amount of wonderful terrifickness!  The only thing better than those two was the theme music!

airwolf.jpg

I looked up Jan Michael-Vincent on IMDB.COM. He starred in two movies where he played a Marine recruit who couldn't make in through basic training: "TRIBES" and "BABY BLUE MARINE."

• 4 weeks later...
I looked up Jan Michael-Vincent on IMDB.COM. He starred in two movies where he played a Marine recruit who couldn't make in through basic training: "TRIBES" and "BABY BLUE MARINE."

Remember It ! I'm still trying to forget it, and I was almost there , then you have to go and post this. Thanks man ! :angry::P:D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I purchased a DVD set entitled "Airwolf, Season One" from Critics Choice Video (ccvideo.com). I highly recommend it.

The Airwolf movie at the beginning of the DVD set says that the helicopter goes to Mach I speed in about 9 seconds. I read that Mach I speed is about 662 miles per hour.

• 2 weeks later...
Back in the 1980s there was a show that came on CBS on Saturday evenings called "Airwolf." I remember watching it. Does anyone else out there remember it?

Over the weekend I watched a couple of more episodes from my DVD set entitled "Airwolf,

Season One." In one episode, Stringfellow Hawke and Dominic Santini went up to over

80,000 feet. When they went back down, the latter asked the former why he wanted to do

that. Hawke replied: "To see if it could be done."

• 1 year later...
I purchased a DVD set entitled "Airwolf, Season One" from Critics Choice Video (ccvideo.com). I highly recommend it.

I just found out that the Season Three DVD set of "Airwolf" has just come out on "deepdiscountdvd.com." The price is $30.25, with free shipping.

When else am I going to be able to tell this story?

In '99 (wow, it doesn't seem that long ago), my friend & I saw Ernest Borgnine getting out of a limo in London... he did draw a small crowd around him, and my friend recognized him as "that guy from Airwolf"... we went over and talked to him for a minute, and got his autograph - super nice guy. :)

When else am I going to be able to tell this story?

In '99 (wow, it doesn't seem that long ago), my friend & I saw Ernest Borgnine getting out of a limo in London... he did draw a small crowd around him, and my friend recognized him as "that guy from Airwolf"... we went over and talked to him for a minute, and got his autograph - super nice guy. :)

Did you hear "hey it's that guy from Airwolf" and rush over, only to find out it wasn't Jan Michael Vincent?!? :lol:

BTW, every time I see this thread I get the damn theme song stuck in my head. I forgot to tell you "Thanks!", Ashikaga.

• 5 months later...
If I recall, Airwolf debuted in a two-hour movie following a big event, possibly a Super Bowl. I thought it was silly and stupid and never watch it again. I don't think I even finished watching the movie.

Yes, there was an episode where Hawke and Dominic took Airwolf up to 80,000 feet. Dominic asked Hawke why he did it. Hawke told him that he wanted to see if it could be done.

The DVD sets of Airwolf seasons 3 & 4 are now out.

Archived