Cold Case

Ashikaga

Do any of you out there watch "Cold Case" on CBS on Sunday evenings? Today I e-mailed CBS pointing out an error in their episode last night. At the beginning, the graphic said that the incident took place on November 3, 1972. In that episode, the 12-year-old kept playing the 45 rpm record of the song "Sunshine On My Shoulders" by John Denver. I told CBS that I looked up that song in my Billboard chart book. It debuted on January 21, 1974, which was over a year after that episode was to have taken place.

The writers/producers of "Cold Case" try to make things authenic, and most of the time they do a good job. This time they slipped a little bit.

Easter Egg! You think thats bad? Try having a wife addicted to CSI. Whats worse is that she acknowledges the horrible acting - but still likes the plot.

I can barely handle the original Law & Order much less the spin offs. I'm like you though. Anytime a show comes on showing anything to do with the Military, Police, EMS, Fire, or is set in a specific decade/era - I'm very critical. Civil servants barely make 30 to 40k a year. How hard would it be to hire one or two for each show to ensure authenticity??

Easter Egg!  You think thats bad? Try having a wife addicted to CSI. Whats worse is that she acknowledges the horrible acting - but still likes the plot.

I can barely handle the original Law & Order much less the spin offs. I'm like you though. Anytime a show comes on showing anything to do with the Military, Police, EMS, Fire, or is set in a specific decade/era - I'm very critical. Civil servants barely make 30 to 40k a year. How hard would it be to hire one or two for each show to ensure authenticity??

My bachelor's degree was in History & Political Science. I have a natural inclination to be a "stickler" when it comes to authenticity when a movie or a TV show is about something that happened in the past. One time I saw a movie that was supposed to have taken place in 1963. During a street scene, I saw a Ford Mustang go by. That car didn't come out until 1965.

Archived