Sign in to follow this  
Ursula

Right time to save for retirement

When is the right time to start saving for retirement? If someone has been working for the past 10 years already without saving anything does that mean that now they have to save twice as much as someone just starting out? 

I don't know what the experts would say, but from what I've read in articles over the years, I think that you should start as soon as you start working and get into the habit of saving for the future as well. 

You know the Chinese saying that goes: The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is now? Well, it's sort of the same with your retirement plan. Yes it's best to get started as soon as you start working, but if you didn't, don't sweat it. Just get started now and stay consistent. 

On 11/10/2016 at 2:14 PM, Ursula said:

When is the right time to start saving for retirement? If someone has been working for the past 10 years already without saving anything does that mean that now they have to save twice as much as someone just starting out? 

Hello Ursula if you haven't already consulted with somebody or need a second opinion about this point of interest, I'm a certified financial professional in these topics. Contact me.