All the new posters

On 11/7/2016 at 6:21 PM, intencity77 said:

I have never seen so many non-architectural posts at one time the whole 11 years I've frequented HAIF. 

Agreed.  I changed the landing page for HAIF in my favorites from the recent activity stream to Going Up specifically because of all the non architecture related posts. 

19 minutes ago, brijonmang said:

Agreed.  I changed the landing page for HAIF in my favorites from the recent activity stream to Going Up specifically because of all the non architecture related posts. 

I plan to do the same.  Sucks because I will miss most of the neighborhood threads but the site is unreadable right now on recent activity.

These BS posts are seriously discouraging me from checking the site, as "new content" is pretty much the only thing I click on here.  It's so strange that they read semi-legit but are on topics that none of us give a crap about.  "How Do You Like Your Coffee?"  Seriously?

We need some new #$% projects already :)

can you start reporting the users so we can find them faster

please also know we are low on moderators and looking for both community moderators and neighborhood moderators.  if you would like to apply simply let us know on the Contact Us at the bottom of each page. 

22 minutes ago, OkieEric said:

These BS posts are seriously discouraging me from checking the site, as "new content" is pretty much the only thing I click on here.  It's so strange that they read semi-legit but are on topics that none of us give a crap about.  "How Do You Like Your Coffee?"  Seriously?

the "How Do You Like Your Coffee?" topic and associated user is gone.  Thank you for the details.  @OkieEric

Well, I for one like the diversity of the types of topics found here and I don't find it weird in the slightest that people make use of them. Why else would the topics be here if they weren't meant to be posted on? And the coffee? You know, I've been around the internet quite a bit and it just sounds to me like the poster just woke up, got some joe and wanted to chat. Where's the harm in being a lonely nerd?

I'm a  real estate junkie by trade and I do participate in those topics, but I also like talking about anything else that comes to mind while I'm here. Yes, I'm new and I found the site (no lie) while searching for Donald Trump information. You know, that real estate guy who just got a new job?

I don't know, maybe the other newbies are Trump supporters too. That's it...........it's Trumps fault.:lol:

5 hours ago, OkieEric said:

I agree.

if folks want discussions on coffeee, shoe sizes, or tennis balls, there are websites then can frequent.  It is a joke to think that "Houston Architexture" is the place to have those discussions.  I am wondering how many of the new posters are individual users.  I doubt that it's 1 ID = 1 human.

10 hours ago, UtterlyUrban said:

I am wondering how many of the new posters are individual users.  I doubt that it's 1 ID = 1 human.

I had assumed that admins/mods had the ability to view the originating IP addresses for posts. I believe this is the case in the free version of Invision's board software, so it ought to be in the paid version as well. 

25 minutes ago, mkultra25 said:

I had assumed that admins/mods had the ability to view the originating IP addresses for posts. I believe this is the case in the free version of Invision's board software, so it ought to be in the paid version as well. 

Surely there is a way to track the IPs.  These all appear to be the same person as they have very similar writing styles - generic questions, 2 line responses, etc, etc.  All of these "people" (including Ricardo, above, who enjoys threads about coffee) have joined since late October.  Just checked "new content" and the vast majority of posts are the same typical crap.  Hard to use the forum when that's happening even in the middle of the day

Edit:  Just read the "Happiness is..." thread.  Please make it stop

9 minutes ago, HoustonMidtown said:

Esther

Leanne

Ursula

Kay2

Vishen

Tyson

Sporty

+

Seamus

Cookiie

Ricardo (not buying it, dude)

Lara

Hastings (not quite as sure)

The problem is, the people are actually interacting in threads and will probably even comment on this list...but it's just weird

22 hours ago, OkieEric said:

Surely there is a way to track the IPs.  These all appear to be the same person as they have very similar writing styles - generic questions, 2 line responses, etc, etc.  All of these "people" (including Ricardo, above, who enjoys threads about coffee) have joined since late October.  Just checked "new content" and the vast majority of posts are the same typical crap.  Hard to use the forum when that's happening even in the middle of the day

Edit:  Just read the "Happiness is..." thread.  Please make it stop

Well, we do have other topics for a reason. Isn't the HAIF punch line "Houston's original social network"? :P

Edit: Note I do not like the flood of new topics and robots either.

Archived