Cubs Win

bobruss

Francona deserves AL Manager of the Year, and it shouldn't even be close. To lose two of your starters to injuries, then still come into the playoffs and stomp two very good teams like the Jays and the Red Sox before taking the team all but anointed to win it all since the beginning of the season to extra innings in Game 7 is an achievement that can't be understated. Cleveland can certainly be proud of what they accomplished this season, and I would not be surprised to see a rematch in next year's Series.

On 11/4/2016 at 2:56 PM, werdserf 99 said:

We'll see how the offseason plays out with trades, acquisitions, etc...

I wouldn't be surprised though, Chicago has a young team.

Wasn't the rain delay kind of an eerie addition to that game though? 

Rain delay? More like conception delay. How many babies were conceived during that rain delay in Chicago? How many within hours of the team winning?

Chicago is poised to have a population explosion!

9 hours ago, samagon said:

Rain delay? More like conception delay. How many babies were conceived during that rain delay in Chicago? How many within hours of the team winning?

Chicago is poised to have a population explosion!

aka the "Cubbie Boom", dealing a grievous setback to Houston's efforts to catch and surpass Chicago for the number three spot.

Guess we need the Texans to win a Super Bowl to level the playing field again. They might be able to do that in less time than it took the Cubs to win the Series, but I'm not holding my breath. 

On 11/8/2016 at 5:31 PM, mkultra25 said:

Guess we need the Texans to win a Super Bowl to level the playing field again. They might be able to do that in less time than it took the Cubs to win the Series, but I'm not holding my breath. 

Neither am I.....not with Watts out at least. Boom, boom.....out went the lights.

But a "Cubbies boom"? I'm sure someone will revive this topic in August with Chicago hospital stats.

Archived