Help! Finding Sugar Land Overwhelming

pganju

my husband and I are looking for a new house. We currently live in tanglewilde. We love being in the city, but we already have a two year old daughter and another child on the way. We have outgrown our home. We would love to stay in the city but it is too expensive. We are looking for a house that is 4 bedrooms 3 bathrooms for $250,000. We are considering sienna plantation, riverstone, the new development telfair and new territory.

I am worried about property values. we don't want to be stuck with a house that we cannot sell later. Is it better to live in a newer development in sugarland or buy a house in a more established area like commonwealth. Plus is there a big difference between sugarland and missouri city? Any comments and thoughts would really be appreciated. :o

having gone through a similar house hunt (sans kiddies), I don't think you will find much (if anything) in Riverstone at that price point. when I was looking, houses over there were running easily over 300k. Sienna is more affordable (sub-250k shouldn't be very difficult at all) but a bit farther out than I would prefer.

• 2 months later...
my husband and I are looking for a new house. We currently live in tanglewilde. We love being in the city, but we already have a two year old daughter and another child on the way. We have outgrown our home. We would love to stay in the city but it is too expensive. We are looking for a house that is 4 bedrooms 3 bathrooms for $250,000. We are considering sienna plantation, riverstone, the new development telfair and new territory.

I am worried about property values. we don't want to be stuck with a house that we cannot sell later. Is it better to live in a newer development in sugarland or buy a house in a more established area like commonwealth. Plus is there a big difference between sugarland and missouri city? Any comments and thoughts would really be appreciated. :o

Have you and your family found a home yet? <_<

TJones, you're thinking of Sugar Creek.

I would like to add that Missouri City isn't bad. The crime is actually very low. Plus there are many very nice neighborhoods in Missouri City. Part of First Colony is in Missouri City as is Riverstone, Lake Olympia (home to several Texans and Rockets), and Sienna Plantation. This part of Missouri City around Hwy 6 from Austin Parkway/Dulles to Sienna Plantation is one of the fastest growing areas in the metro area, very affluent, upscale, and diverse.

pganju, there are many nice areas around Missouri City/Sugar Land but I would say that Riverstone is out of your price range. It starts at $250k. I would look at all other areas though and just focus on where you feel comfortable, there's something for everyone.

we haven't found a place yet. My husband and I are nervous about moving out of the city. We drive around sienna and riverstone but we never see any kids out playing. we really want a neighborhood where you see kids out and about. Plus I am nervous that sienna won't release their complete build out plan

Lemme see if there is anything closer in that fits the budget and is reasonably close to your space requirements..

Edit: There are some houses closer in that have 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms that are in the southwest area inside the Loop. These houses are either in Bellaire, Texas or the Meyerland neighborhood of Houston.

$ 235,000 5325 Maple - 3 bed, 2 bath, 2 car garage, 1 story - Lovett ES, Pershing MS, Bellaire HS

$ 219,900 5510 Jessamine - 3-4 bed, 2 bath, 1 car garage, 1 story - Condit ES, Pershing MS, Bellaire HS

$ 216,000 4628 Mimosa - 3 bed, 2 bath, 1 car garage, 1 story - Horn ES, Pershing MS, Bellaire HS

$ 214,000 5234 Beechnut - 4 bed, 2 bath, 2 car garage, 1 story - Lovett ES, Pershing MS, Bellaire HS (this sounds like a VERY good deal!)

But if you absolutely MUST have 4 bed/3 bath, you have no choice but to move into suburbia.

we haven't found a place yet. My husband and I are nervous about moving out of the city. We drive around sienna and riverstone but we never see any kids out playing. we really want a neighborhood where you see kids out and about. Plus I am nervous that sienna won't release their complete build out plan

I recently bought a house in New Territory. It's funny what you say about the kids because I hate all of these stupid kids running around in the street. Have to be more careful driving and have to put up with them running up to my door and bugging me when I get home. However, at least all of the annoying little kids do say something about the safety of the neighborhood.

Also, it's Mission Bend that has all of the driveway robberies. In Sugar Land - I'd say New Territory, River Stone, Greatwood, or Sienna Plantation. Sienna Plantation might be Missourri City, but it's in the nice new part that is pretty much like Sugar Land. Also, there is a lot of stuff developing out on Grand Parkway between Sugar Land and Katy, depending on where you work and how far you want to drive.

• The title was changed to Help! Finding Sugar Land Overwhelming

Archived