Talk about love with hate in your heart

Leanne

My grandfather told me that the majority of people who are 'devout Christians' but are experiencing negative things in their lives it's only because they say one thing and profess a belief explicitly while implicitly believing something else, and so the universe (or God) gives them the essence of what they are giving out in their lives. What do you think about this statement?

This is the Christian way.

Jude 1:23. but others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire, hating even the garment defiled by the flesh.

We help others in need regardless of our feelings toward them.

Karma doesn't play a role in Christianity. If it did, we would all be going to hell.

God is love.

1 John 4:8. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.

I think the one thing that really stood out for me in all those years of Sunday School (besides how scary and full of wrath God was...) was the saying "God is love" That has stayed with me all these years and up to this day, if someone asks me what or who is God, I always answer, God is love. 

I totally agree with you Weerdserf99.  I think that Love governs our entire existence and it is the basis of our Universe. If only we could focus on giving more love to ourselves and our fellow man, then our experience here on earth would be greatly enriched.

Archived