Sign in to follow this  
Mab

403 West Gray

Going back to one of the earlier posts, the owner mentioned doing some research and only finding Viking restaurants in Norway or devoted to the Minnesota football team.   Perhaps there is a reason for that... maybe one similar to why you can get Mexican food (or something called Mexican food) all over the country, but Canadian restaurants are rarely if ever found outside Canada.

4 minutes ago, mollusk said:

Going back to one of the earlier posts, the owner mentioned doing some research and only finding Viking restaurants in Norway or devoted to the Minnesota football team.   Perhaps there is a reason for that... maybe one similar to why you can get Mexican food (or something called Mexican food) all over the country, but Canadian restaurants are rarely if ever found outside Canada.

There's only so much you can do with maple syrup and poutine.

• Haha 2

Went there a couple of times. Biggest issue was that the price points were a bit high for what you were getting. Paying $40-$60 a person for an entree and a drink or two is a bit excessive when you're experimenting with a place.

On 12/8/2017 at 2:30 PM, mkultra25 said:

There's only so much you can do with maple syrup and poutine.

I visited Montreal in November. Thats how I felt about the food. How many Poutine places can I visit in a weekend? Good, but the rest of the culinary experience was either familiar with american cuisine or an influx of french quisine. Off-topic, I know... but Montreal is a good city to visit. 

• Like 1

new building at 311 W Gray is mostly complete. Saw a permit on the west part with "Me'lange Restaurant" on it. Doesn't sound like an Asian Stir Fry as the site plan said. No signs on the east side for the pet hospital. Looks like they are just getting ready for build-out of the interior.

On 3/5/2018 at 12:42 PM, skwatra said:

new building at 311 W Gray is mostly complete. Saw a permit on the west part with "Me'lange Restaurant" on it. Doesn't sound like an Asian Stir Fry as the site plan said. No signs on the east side for the pet hospital. Looks like they are just getting ready for build-out of the interior.

https://www.furandfeathervet.com/  Suite A

ROF4tMW.jpg

http://melangevietnameserestaurant.com/  Suite B

GBIOtTV.jpg

Went to Me'Lange a few weeks ago, they were still in the soft opening stage and awaiting their liquor license. A few dishes were pretty good, others average. They will be open until 3 or 4am daily.