Superbowl Rentals?

brian0123

Has anyone actually rented their home out (or have it listed) for the Superbowl? I'm tempted to list mine since you can walk to the stadium from my house... just not sure if people are actually getting anything crazy like I'm seeing listed online or in the news. 

Same here, I've read a few stories but don't really buy it.  We're on the fringe of what I'd consider walkable (little over a mile).  I would think someone willing to fork down $1000's per night on a rental and the tickets themselves wouldn't necessarily be all that concerned with walking, but who knows

If you search airbnb for Super Bowl weekend (I put 2/3 to 2/6) you see prices all over the place, with some "hopeful" people putting $2K+/night, some nowhere near NRG.  Not sure how to quickly figure out if that's actually working for anyone

I had neighbors rent their home for the last Super Bowl - they made a ton of money but also had issues with their house being damaged and their insurance didn't cover it so they spent the money they got for fixing the damage.  There have been some news stories on TV lately about people renting, but they caution to check with your insurance company to make sure you are covered for any issues that could arise.

11 hours ago, HoustonMidtown said:

I had neighbors rent their home for the last Super Bowl - they made a ton of money but also had issues with their house being damaged and their insurance didn't cover it so they spent the money they got for fixing the damage.  There have been some news stories on TV lately about people renting, but they caution to check with your insurance company to make sure you are covered for any issues that could arise.

I confirmed with my insurance (Amica) that they will cover any damages. They asked me a series of questions about pets/pools/# of people to be allowed, etc. I'm not sure what rate I would even ask for though.

On 10/7/2016 at 8:58 PM, brian0123 said:

I confirmed with my insurance (Amica) that they will cover any damages. They asked me a series of questions about pets/pools/# of people to be allowed, etc. I'm not sure what rate I would even ask for though.

^^^ @brian0123 there is a small possibility that you can combat any damages by requesting an adequate refundable deposit.  this strategy usually works.....

• 2 weeks later...

Archived