Sign in to follow this  
carole kirby

texas corral and Jerry Irby - 1948

September 26, 2016

Read the six replies on The Texas Corral,  most dated 2011.  Just found this site.

Does anyone have any photographs of Jerry Irby's  band?   I saw Julio's (from 2009), but was unable

to pull the photo up when I clicked on it.  I was Jerry's  daughter-in-law for nearly ten years.  He was a great guy !

A very nice and decent gentlemen.  I am doing genealogical research ,  he has lots of descendants who don't

know hardly anything about him and don't have ANY pictures.  I had some, but they were destroyed in Hurricane

Carla.  Love to hear from someone with even a small remembrance.

Carole Kirby

On 9/26/2016 at 0:37 PM, carole kirby said:

September 26, 2016

Read the six replies on The Texas Corral,  most dated 2011.  Just found this site.

Does anyone have any photographs of Jerry Irby's  band?   I saw Julio's (from 2009), but was unable

to pull the photo up when I clicked on it.  I was Jerry's  daughter-in-law for nearly ten years.  He was a great guy !

A very nice and decent gentlemen.  I am doing genealogical research ,  he has lots of descendants who don't

know hardly anything about him and don't have ANY pictures.  I had some, but they were destroyed in Hurricane

Carla.  Love to hear from someone with even a small remembrance.

Carole Kirby

Edited by px4man
Wrong place :)

Please let me know what you find out. I have a great neighbor who lived in Houston in the 90's .   His name is Cody Irby and his dad was James Irby.

Thanks,   John    

PS:  I was 12 when Carla came thru and lived in Westbury and we lost our roof

There are some mentions of Jerry Irby on Wired for Sound if you haven't already seen them (use the search feature).  Interesting how numerous descendants of the musicians mentioned have commented; maybe you could too.

I'm not absolutely certain but I believe the blogger may be the person who posted here as Don Julio years ago.

A Google search pulled up a lot of references and pictures which I presume you've seen.

Edited by brucesw

px4man - You already know this, but other readers here may not. Cody Irby's father was Houston Police Officer James Irby, who was killed in the line of duty June 27, 1990. Cody was born 2 and a half months after his father was gunned down in cold blood by a guy who had been stopped for a traffic violation. The killer is still on death row.

• Like 1

Yes Sir.  His son lives across the road from me and he's  a great friend and is a Pflugerville police officer. I will ask him next time I see him if he has any relation.