Fox 26 Reporter Andrea Watkins ends her TV career after 26 years!

Blue Dogs

After 26 years with KRIV-TV Fox 26, Reporter Andrea Watkins has decided to call it quits & going out on top.

She's a no-nonsense reporter, who easily handled the hard & aggressive news all the way stories on how to save consumers money. Watkins also posted on her FB page:

"Just letting you know that today is my last day at Fox 26. I've enjoyed 26 great years at the station but it's time to relax a bit, enjoy more time with my family, & look for new adventures down the road.

It's been a great pleasure & privilege to tell the stories I have told over the years. Thank you to all for allowing me to share your information, concerns, & experiences with the people in the Houston area & beyond!

I wish all the best to the wonderful friends I've met in my journey. I'm sure we will find ways to stay in touch."

According to former Fox 26 reporter Lanny Griffith (former co-worker of Watkins for 15 years), "I have never seen anyone attack a subject like Andrea Watkins," Griffith told mikemcguff.com., "Her interviews were piercing & relentless especially when it came to elected officials. She kept the flames turned up under their feet. They don't make 'em like her anymore."

In 2011, Watkins had battled breast cancer & was working part-time.

Ladies & Gentlemen: Wish Andrea congratulations on her 26 years of service to Fox 26 & her future endeavors!

http://mikemcguff.blogspot.com/2016/09/andrea-watkins-to-leave-fox-26-kriv.html

Archived