Construction At Leeland St. And Velasco St.

jmitch94

I noticed that a large shipping container was placed in the blue area of the yellow highlighted in the bottom right of this map. Then a couple of days later a construction office trailer was placed on site along with a bulldozer.  

Also in the map the yellow area in the upper left is being cleared of old foundations and rail tracks. The variance notice mentions "single family" so I'm thinking more town homes but I was wondering if anyone here had more info on either of these two sites.   

Capture4.PNG

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jmitch94 said:

I noticed that a large shipping container was placed in the blue area of the yellow highlighted in the bottom right of this map. Then a couple of days later a construction office trailer was placed on site along with a bulldozer.  

Also in the map the yellow area in the upper left is being cleared of old foundations and rail tracks. The variance notice mentions "single family" so I'm thinking more town homes but I was wondering if anyone here had more info on either of these two sites.   

Capture4.PNG

I ride by the "blue" area on the bike trail almost everyday - I will update with pics and info as things change....I'm not sure what is going in there yet...

• Like 1

I would guess if that is where it's located now probably in an old building, it's temporary because they have cleared the Tierwester/ Sampson lot and signs are up for 

a nice contemporary campus. I also went to HISD website and saw the renderings and site plan. Should be a great improvement replacing an older apartment project.

Wheeler Ave. Baptist church just announced plans for a new mega church on Scott on the lot across from TDECU stadium where the Frenchy's is located. I saw that on here somewhere earlier this week.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • The title was changed to Possible Construction At Leeland St. And Velasco St.
  • 2 months later...
  • The title was changed to Construction At Leeland St. And Velasco St.