Urbannizer

La Colombe d'Or Hotel Expanding with new Residential High-Rise

16 minutes ago, Angostura said:

I read somewhere that one of the tests for a city is if there were a city-wide protest or celebration, would everyone instinctively know where to go to participate. I'm pretty sure Houston fails this one.

Allen Parkway / Memorial

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Angostura said:

I read somewhere that one of the tests for a city is if there were a city-wide protest or celebration, would everyone instinctively know where to go to participate. I'm pretty sure Houston fails this one.

Houston is quite unconventional in that sense. In addition all the significant clusters of high rises , downtown, Med Center, Uptown, Greenway Upper Kirby, soon Allen Parkway and Montrose , creates a diffuse urban feeling.

Edited by Twinsanity02
additional thought
  • Like 1

all we need now is our overly wide streets lined with trees so the Germans can march in the shade  :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Excellent photo with the uptown skyline in the distance. Thanks for posting. Houston is looking more amazing every day.

Edited by West Timer
  • Like 5

i am so darn happy they are keeping that existing beautiful building! cannot wait to check it out when they are open!

• Like 2

I’ll imagine it made plenty of others on the job site nervous too!  Architects on here can probably attest to plenty of moments in their careers where they were reaffirmed in their choice to be the architect and not the builder.

• Like 1

Amazing how the Fondren Mansion which once seemed so massive now looks like a cute puppy at the feet of its masters.

• Like 8