La Colombe d'Or Hotel At 3410 Montrose Blvd.

Urbannizer

7 minutes ago, Texasota said:

I think there are lots of people who absolutely *would* miss Disco Kroger, of all Krogers, but nevertheless I also hope that land gets redeveloped into something much denser. 

I liked Disco Kroger because I could easily walk to it when I lived in Montrose. My complaint is that it was too small and the overall selection of items is limited.

• Like 1

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, j_cuevas713 said:

HEB on Washington Ave, Whole Foods on Elgin, Compact urban HEB's off Shepherd and Bellaire... Def possible

Yes I know HEB and Whole Foods build urban designed stores, that's why I mentioned them on the previous page. I was not aware of Kroger building any urban designed stores. I now see thanks to cluthcity94 that they have an urban designed store planned in Dallas. So it is a possibility that Kroger could build an urban designed store in place of the current store on Montrose.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hindesky, I absolutely love your photos.  I swear, it's almost as if you print out a list of all the Going Up threads and then drive around taking photos of them.  It's great for those of us outside of Houston who can't make it in to see the developments.  Thanks!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, hindesky said:

I live in Montrose so I start there and depending on my whims head either south and east or north and west, don't really plan anything, it's just where I feel like riding that day.

Edit: I ride my bicycle to about 95% of my pics. If I see something of interest when I'm driving I will stop and take some pictures.

I think I saw you taking pictures of the old house on Portland before it got knocked down LOL

Or it was someone else taking pictures...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, clutchcity94 said:

I think I saw you taking pictures of the old house on Portland before it got knocked down LOL

Or it was someone else taking pictures...

Yeah it might have been me, I took several pics there and then head to the Alliance Broadstone Museum district.:ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Weird comment alert: that garage is v good looking. The stone pillars to the concrete with the black contract is such a handsome look. The look works well when going by, it really does vibe with the rest of the buildings on Montrose. I'm officially an HAIF'er, I am opining about a garage. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, clutchcity94 said:

Does that mean you’re biking in THIS heat?! It’s 99 degrees with a heat index of 109 !! God bless ya!

Only 23 miles today, just have stay hydrated and try to start early and quit before the hottest part of the day.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

That is awesome @hindesky ! I rode for almost 4 hrs saturday morning! 7am to 1045am! it wasn't too bad at all...but yeah after that...wowsa! 🚴‍♀️🌞

(I ride everyday from the galleria to downtown and back which is about 19 to 20 miles depending on how much i roam etc! and that is usually done early on the weekends and after 5 on the weekdays...but lately wait until 630 or so m-f due to this crazy heat!)

• Like 4

Hi @clutchcity94 ! Good to see so many bike riders on here! Since i live across the street from the Galleria, everyday i just go along sidewalks from post oak then the feeder to Memorial and connect to Buffalo Bayou that then turns into a bike lane to Discovery Green...then i ride around downtown then back the same way i came making a round on the picnic loop and then a round on the road around the 3 mile jogging trail then home. My only change up comes when i hit downtown...i will just randomly explore and have even taken bike paths that take me to U of H etc... 

I know there are tons of other cool places and pathways to explore, just haven't done them yet...although i do load my bike on my jeep (when it wasn't so hot) and go to Galveston to just ride on the boardwalk and explore Galveston as that is the best way to see that cool little town...on a bike! 

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, clutchcity94 said:

@hindesky @gene what are your absolute favorite places to ride? I’m looking to switch up my cycling routes.

I’m in Montrose , but willing to ride wherever..

I ride all around inside the loop, favorite trails are Buffalo Bayou trail, Braes Bayou trail, White Oak trail. But I ride a lot of streets too. You just have to pick your battles right. For instance I wouldn't ride Montrose so I take Stanford instead, Center St vs Washington Ave but it all depends on the time of day. Weekends in downtown are great for riding the streets.

• Like 7