La Colombe d'Or Hotel At 3410 Montrose Blvd.

Urbannizer

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, bobruss said:

Our constantly changing skyline must make the google maps people feel like they're playing whack a mole,

with all of the high-rises and midrises popping up out of the ground all over town!

I know the Google Maps 3D models of Houston are pretty far behind, dont know who handles or if its done by an army of volunteers... 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Purdueenginerd said:

I know the Google Maps 3D models of Houston are pretty far behind, dont know who handles or if its done by an army of volunteers... 

Yeah, the current renderings of Houston are significantly different, I believe that imagery is from either 2013-14. It's just a testament to the rapid development that has taken place in the past 5 years. While I would love to see new imagery, if it's going to take this long to update I would rather have them update it in 2023 or 24 so that we see developments like Texas Tower, the Preston, and Arise Post Oak done by then.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, CaptainJilliams said:

While I would love to see new imagery, if it's going to take this long to update I would rather have them update it in 2023 or 24 so that we see developments like Texas Tower, the Preston, and Arise Post Oak done by then.

Looking at the area inside the loop, we already have new imagery (from February 2019) if you turn off "Globe" mode in Google Maps, to disable the 3D view.  But yes, the 3D view is quite old, from about February 2015.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, rechlin said:

Looking at the area inside the loop, we already have new imagery (from February 2019) if you turn off "Globe" mode in Google Maps, to disable the 3D view.  But yes, the 3D view is quite old, from about February 2015.

Yeah, I notice they definitely update the satellite imagery, which is good. But your average joe checking out Google Earth will still see the older imagery if they don't adjust the settings or are viewing the 3D imagery from Google Maps, so it will be nice when they finally update it again. 

• Like 1

This building is going to look really nice when finished.  I was worried about it’s close proximity to Hanover Montrose, but as I look at it now I think they did a great job positioning it so that there is minimal interference.  The angle on the east face helps to protect Hanover’s views to the south. 

• Like 4