The Matrix: Residential At 3339 Adair St.

Urbannizer

I think people also need to keep in mind just how many foreign students there are at UH. Coming home every summer for the whole summer isn't really an option for them, but their folks do have enough to send their kids off to the States for school. At this price, it's pretty perfect for them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JBTX said:

I think people also need to keep in mind just how many foreign students there are at UH. Coming home every summer for the whole summer isn't really an option for them, but their folks do have enough to send their kids off to the States for school. At this price, it's pretty perfect for them.

But would you pay $125,000 for a 528 square feet condo in third ward with dilapidated properties adjacent to you? Oh and live in it.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Stew said:

But would you pay $125,000 for a 528 square feet condo in third ward with dilapidated properties adjacent to you? Oh and live in it.

Depends on how long you think those dilapidated properties will continue to be there.  As someone that bought property in Third Ward six years ago, things changed quick once development tipped over a certain point.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Stew said:

Honestly? Yeah.

I mean that solely from personal experience too, not to denigrate your opinion. I lived on campus for four years during my time at UH without issue (I am also a not small male).

Boughta house in 2nd ward just before the boom there. I was (and still partially am) surrounded by cinderblock homes, dilapidated homes, and vagrants.

It works for me because I don't mind it and am totally game to pay a lower starting cost for greater long term opportunity.

Circling back to these properties, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that, if an incoming freshman's parents pick one of these up at 125, they will get their money back and then some in 4 years.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to The Matrix: Proposed Residential At Reeves & Adair St, Near U of H

6 hours ago, Texasota said:

Or not park. Still no nearby grocery store, but otherwise there is less and less reason to need a car as a student living near campus.

I think students will not be able to afford these $145,000 tiny condos. I suppose investors could buy them up and rent them out to students. 

• Like 2

On 1/29/2021 at 3:49 PM, Stew said:

I think students will not be able to afford these $145,000 tiny condos. I suppose investors could buy them up and rent them out to students. 

Bank of Mom & Dad...  I think UH is trending toward what happens near large colleges in other cities.  Parents buy a house/condo for kids while in college.  Rent out the extra rooms if any...once kid graduates sell or keep depending on what makes the most sense.

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to The Matrix: Residential At Reeves & Adair St, Near U of H
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, hindesky said:

swVdlch.jpg

dW0W83R.jpg

I'm not crazy about the mix color scheme which makes it look like a cheap motel but I'll wait for the finished product before passing judgment.

They're using 2 different colors of the same color. Brown on brown, beige on beige. Oh and let's slap on a few white bricks in the corner. 

Yes it is an improvement to the neighborhood, but I think they’re trying to hurt my eyes. 😆

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...