The Matrix: Residential At 3339 Adair St.

Urbannizer

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, monarch said:

^^^ is this for real?  really cool place.  however, why am i seeing a live baseball game being broadcasted via a HUGE LED screen upon the far left corner?  what exactly kind of exterior design trend is this.....?

So the hood -- I mean, university students can gather around.

• Like 1

Website shows these will be around $125,000 for one unit, which doesn't sound all that bad until you realize they're just under 600 sqft. Though I can imagine a lot of UH grads will eat these up. I might even consider this...

Edit; Nvm, there are other floor plan options.

That 2018 completion date is so far though...

Edited by BigFootsSocks

• 2 years later...

Why does that first floor plans have 2 full bathrooms for 1 bedroom?  If they had made that front one a half bath, there would have been more storage space.  Also, why put the bathroom at the corner as opposed to the bedroom?  Weird choices

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, cspwal said:

Why does that first floor plans have 2 full bathrooms for 1 bedroom?  If they had made that front one a half bath, there would have been more storage space.  Also, why put the bathroom at the corner as opposed to the bedroom?  Weird choices

That floor plan is weirding me out. 

I really don't know what developers are waiting for but the Third Ward could be the best tapped area in the city.

It is close to downtown, it is in the loop, it is close to mass transit it is anchored by the third largest university in the state and many have eagerly  been waiting for this area to properly develop for decades!!

In my opinion, efficiencies for this low of a price is setting the bar pretty low. I envision this becoming another EADO in a decade or two. Look for developers to start to test the waters....imagine if it got an InTown Homes townhouse development, imagine a large mixed use project along Scott Street across from the campus. Imagine, a run on the lots with nice homes. This all could be reality.

In know, the catchment area right now doesn't support development but many UH grads, professors, students, etc.   have been waiting for the Third Ward to get its act together and catch up with the rest of the booming parts of the city. There is absolutely no reason why it shouldn't. 

Let's home this project starts the momentum...because it is happening ..just a matter of WHEN not IF.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/22/2020 at 2:34 PM, phillip_white said:

A permit was issued for this site on 3/20 [(EPR) NEW 81,853 SQ FT CONDO'S 1-5-3-R2-] but I'm not sure what it's for.

It might be a glimmer of hope for this project.

Must have been a permit to mow the weeds.

n7xezPk.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2019 at 9:38 AM, cspwal said:

I assume you could have guest or kids sleeping on the sofa bed that will need a full bath. It looks like the plans with beds only are actual sleeper sofas.

Edited by Stew
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Stew said:

I'm curious. Why would anyone pay $125,000 for these incredibly small condos? They should have made them student housing. 

Screenshot_20201107-170730_Samsung Internet.jpg

I guess they think this is Austin where they can turn them over after the kid graduates and make a profit.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, hindesky said:

I guess they think this is Austin where they can turn them over after the kid graduates and make a profit.

That's exactly my thoughts. Plus, the idea of not having to move every year for four years is appealing.

• Like 1