So, I just heard from someone this afternoon that the entire block bounded by Bammel, Sackett, Earl and Philfall is under contract with Borlenghi.  No confirmation if that is who actually has it under contract (I hope so) but supposedly the tenants have until the end of the year to vacate.  This is the block of bungalows that have been used for years as offices.  Would be a great location for a highrise.  Can someone confirm?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

County Clerk records show the entire block sold in July 2015 with a note of $5.7M.  

GBL was created right before closing.  

GBL DEVELOPERS LLC
Texas Taxpayer Number 32057788815
Mailing Address 1400 POST OAK BLVD STE 150 HOUSTON, TX 77056-6009
Right to Transact Business in Texas ACTIVE
State of Formation TX
Effective SOS Registration Date 07/15/2015
Texas SOS File Number 0802253823
Registered Agent Name GIORGIO BORLENGHI
Registered Office Street Address 1400 POST OAK BLVD, SUITE 150 HOUSTON, TX 77056

You'll have to register/login to see the doc:  http://www.cclerk.hctx.net/applications/websearch/EComm/ViewEdocs.aspx?ID=wGLQNx7kz6ZWN3cIrd0j7F9APFxndJBGE9a9XSB1YssbATBKpBF8OqYS1Kq0epoU0FjUBhmNzrbMfd54Kc74i88yeWeAWPmkQXtTzqoSdh3CfFCy0wc7KX76I0H5NUGOMNx+XSZGOxf4gCkKnmz3rw==

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.chron.com/business/real-estate/article/Borlenghi-to-build-luxe-tower-inside-the-loop-9181830.php#photo-10821290

Giorgio Borlenghi, known for building Four-Leaf Towers, Villa d'Este, Montebello and Belfiore, is developing his first luxury residential tower inside the 610 Loop.

It will also be one of the -- if not the -- most expensive buildings in Houston.

The 26-story Villa Borghese, named after a park in Rome, will be built on Bammel Lane between Westheimer and West Alabama.

The average unit will be priced at nearly $3.3 million. Most will fill 4,820 square feet and have two corner terraces.

Borlenghi, founder of Houston based Interfin Cos., said construction will start after half the 46 units are pre-sold, which he remains confident about even amid a stubborn oil price decline.

"The home market in River Oaks and the home market in west Houston are two completely different markets," Borlenghi said Wednesday. "We believe the people interested in these kinds of homes are less affected than people who are buying tract homes on the west side of Houston."

Borlenghi said he hopes to be under construction a year from now. Thee tower would take two years to build.

920x920.jpg

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2016/08/24/houston-developer-plans-new-luxury-condo-tower-in.html

Borlenghi, the founder of Houston-based The Interfin Cos., purchased the property last year for an undisclosed price. Currently, there are about 20 older homes on the site, all commercial businesses ranging from a restaurant, hairdresser, doctor’s office and shops. Most of the homes will be moved to new locations around town, Borlenghi said.

42 minutes ago, UrbanEnthusiast713 said:

Surely it's underground! Touch of class unlike most of the condos being built around town 

Four leafs is underground. I guess only multi million dollar units get underground parking.

3 hours ago, Texasota said:

Well, this is absolutely terrible in terms of its street frontage. It's a fence surrounding a driveway surrounding a tower for the wealthy. It's a suburban design replacing a charming, unique block of businesses. 

Since its not on a major road I'm not upset about it. The single family homes to the south will probably be there forever so it's not a major negative impact on the street scene.

19 hours ago, Texasota said:

Well, this is absolutely terrible in terms of its street frontage. It's a fence surrounding a driveway surrounding a tower for the wealthy. It's a suburban design replacing a charming, unique block of businesses. 

true but this isn't even on a major thoroughfare so what difference does it make? this is literally plopped down in the middle of a residential area - it's not like there was a great deal of pedestrian activity although losing the neat businesses there is somewhat of a loss. had this been on westheimer i would feel differently but it isn't.

edit: this block was actually under contract to the morgan group a few years back but they backed out.

Archived