Jump to content

BREAKING NEWS: Dave Ward retiring from Ch. 13 after 50 years


Blue Dogs

Recommended Posts

It's now official! Legendary Ch. 13 news anchor Dave Ward announced he's stepping down from the ABC O&O station after 50 years at the end of this year. The longest-serving TV News Anchor in the world is hanging it up & moving onto the next chapter in his life.

 

Please give your comments on your memories of Dave Ward's 50 years at Ch. 13!

 

http://abc13.com/

 

 

https://www.facebook.com/ABC13DaveWard/

Edited by Blue Dogs
Corrected the link.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Blue Dogs said:

It's now official! Legendary Ch. 13 news anchor Dave Ward announced he's stepping down from the ABC O&O station after 50 years at the end of this year. The longest-serving TV News Anchor in the world is hanging it up & moving onto the next chapter in his life.

 

Please give your comments on your memories of Dave Ward's 50 years at Ch. 13!

 

http://abc13.com/

 

 

https://www.facebook.com/ABC13DaveWard/

 

The link from channel 13, nor the bit from Mike McGuff say anything about retirement.

 

Wonder if he will simply go elsewhere, ala Bob Allen or others in the past.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Blue Dogs said:

Fringe, Dave Ward has more integrity & class than you buddy!

 

#CH13SWAGGER

Everybody has more integrity and class then me but there comes a time when you have to hang it up and Dave Wards time came years ago. They are not known as the geriatric station for nothing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On August 5, 2016 at 10:55 AM, ChannelTwoNews said:

 

The link from channel 13, nor the bit from Mike McGuff say anything about retirement.

 

Wonder if he will simply go elsewhere, ala Bob Allen or others in the past.

I've wondered about this as well. I saw Mike McGuff's response to someone on Facebook that said Dave wasn't retiring. I think he will land somewhere else. My suspicion is KPRC because 13's former long time news director is over there now. Eyewitness News is not what it used to be, maybe Dave realizes this. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/10/2016 at 11:07 PM, djrage said:

I've wondered about this as well. I saw Mike McGuff's response to someone on Facebook that said Dave wasn't retiring. I think he will land somewhere else. My suspicion is KPRC because 13's former long time news director is over there now. Eyewitness News is not what it used to be, maybe Dave realizes this. 

 

The last few lines of this piece on him make me think the same. Definitely not retirement. 

 

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/life/columnists/hoffman/article/Anchorman-Dave-Ward-says-there-s-no-longer-a-9136397.php

 

Edited by ChannelTwoNews
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...