New Orleans Hornets

kennyc05

The Hornets ownership was so despised in Charlotte, they were virtually run out of town. It is little surprise that they would look to ditch New Orleans, too. By the same token, it was a rather poor choice moving there in the first place. The NBA has foundered (sorry, pun) there before.

I think the Hornets should go to Austin, ans The Saint's to San Antonio.

The Saints should come to Houston if they can no longer play in the Super [ghost] Dome. They could build themselves a new downtown stadium and give the city our 2nd NFL team.

The Hornets...ummmm...don't care until the NBA get's their act together..

The Saints should come to Houston if they can no longer play in the Super [ghost] Dome. They could build themselves a new downtown stadium and give the city our 2nd NFL team.

The Hornets...ummmm...don't care until the NBA get's their act together..

I'd love to see the Saints move here if they had to go anywhere, but it's not gonna happen.

I say the Saints will temporarily move to Baton Rouge, and will try to move to San Antonio. Then the money hungry NFL, who doesn't give a damn that San Antonio already built a stadium to try to lure an NFL team, will try to fight the proposal and force the team to play in Los Angeles.

As for the Hornets, I have my money on Vegas for now. But I think Oklahoma is a possibility, and I personally (if they had to move anywhere) would love to see them play in Austin.

But why not have an NBA team in Mexico City?

We're not big enough for two NFL teams. No city really is - including New York. Technically, NYC teams don't even play in New York!

I'll touch on another pet peeve of mine since we're talking team relocation: team names & mascots. They should stay in their city. Example? How much "Jazz" is there in Utah? That's probably the most extreme case, but still - the team legacies should stay where they are born.

Let old teams in new cities come up with new names!

While I agree that many of the team names don't fit the new city, there is one example where the new city was PERFECT for the team mascot name...Houston!

The San Diego Rockets began playing in 1967. After several years of poor fan support, they moved to Houston in 1971 to become the Houston Rockets. Seldom has a team nickname fit a city better, and certainly the new city fit the nickname better than the original city.

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com/nba/houston/rockets.html

Red - haven't you heard? Canada doesn't count! HA! Just Kidding you crazy Canucks. ;)

I didn't know that about the San Diego Rockets. I had thought that our Rockets had come from our old ABA team the Mavericks. Thanks for the history lesson.

Red - haven't you heard? Canada doesn't count! HA! Just Kidding you crazy Canucks. ;)

I didn't know that about the San Diego Rockets. I had thought that our Rockets had come from our old ABA team the Mavericks. Thanks for the history lesson.

The Maloof family (yes, the Maloof brother of Vegas, the father actually, owned them. Wonder if the brothers would buy the Hornets?

I think Texas deserves both. We are the secound most populated state, yet we don't have the secound most amount of teams. The teams always seem to go to Califonia, and Florida so really I don't want any one but Texas to get both.

If Austin can't get the Hornets, I would like Oklahoma City to get them because they have no pro sport teams in that state.

Archived