Spam Until Page 7 - Yikes!

Nate99

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think someone in Korea was just a little too excited to show us their new project. That's it guys.

Edit: And they're definitely a HAIFer cause they knew to target Going Up! .... I for damn sure wouldn't have noticed if this campaign was posted in "Meanwhile, in the Rest of the World..." :lol:

For anyone wondering, most of the latest project news starts on page 14 now.

9 hours ago, H-Town Man said:

Meanwhile Wayne is sipping daiquiris on a beach in Dubai. Any way we can buzz him?

Not so much sipping daquiris as lumbering across the desert in a smelly Greyhound bus with no internet access.  

It looks like the mods managed to get it under control without me, but I'll take a look and see if there's any hidden damage.

• 2 months later...

Hey team we do have some activity changes, and have been reaching out to increase participation, but it needs to be appropriate and we want your feedback.  We do need your help.  Please report the post if you feel it is in error or off topic. (including the current ones,, you mention above) 

We are also  low on and looking for both neighborhood and community wide moderators.  If interested just let me know and i will put you on the list for consideration.  

if anyone has experience with the IPS Community Suite 4.x please also let us know - publicly or email link to contact us form found at the bottom of each page.  

It is not a job so there are no specific requirements, in general your access level goes up and you can make content decisions yourself.  The Forum is provided for the community so we want the community to drive decisions.

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, HAIF.cares said:

Sorry I missed this one.  Nothing is wrong, no major changes.  

Anyone else having issues?

Yes, the bots are ruining HAIF. I've ignored H. Ham and Otto Mation but still see them in the unread content feed. I find myself coming here less and less because I have to weed through so much garbage. 

4 hours ago, jgriff said:

Yes, the bots are ruining HAIF. I've ignored H. Ham and Otto Mation but still see them in the unread content feed. I find myself coming here less and less because I have to weed through so much garbage. 

I second this.  I find myself missing stuff on forums besides Going up! because the bots fill my unread content feed with so many articles

• 2 weeks later...

Thank goodness the site isn't unstable on mobile.  I could not recreate that one.  

I have noted distaste those two users.  They are both sanctioned but very limited in scope.  

Good news, the number of articles from the Katy News site is too high, with too many unrelated.  Expect it to be removed until they get their RSS feed in check and that probably won't happen because I already asked several times.  That's most of the ones I've heard complaints on so I think it will help in your situation.  We were looking for growth for that area in our user base and it did help with the news posts, we got a lot of new users from the area, however, the original RSS feed was much more limited and they keep pushing more and more.  

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2017 at 11:30 AM, BigFootsSocks said:

@HAIF.cares The site is completely unusable on mobile. I'm getting redirects to adds on every page. Home, Going Up, this forum. Anything to fix that asap?

I second this and on mobile too. It's always done this here and there for awhile now but this week it has kicked it up an unbearable notch, having to reload the website 3-4 times in a row because of the same redirecting advert. 

Archived