Sign in to follow this  
Nate99

spam until page 7 - yikes!

I'll never understand the goal of the incomprehensible gibberish that comes out of these bots.  Makes me worry about what folks pull off when there is an incentive stronger than spamming a few dozen folks on a locally focused architecture forum.

Good luck admins.

• Like 5

At first I thought it was just one spam bot username - and then I noticed they were all different names.  At least it's only hitting "Going Up!" ...for now

• Like 1

just fyi so you all know, that all is not lost 

yikes! scared me at first :)

• Like 7

at this point the real posts should be on page 20 or so haha! my god make it stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this spam has been going on for hours...

at one point the mods had deleted all the posts

but they came back!

Just now, Montrose1100 said:

Anyone dare to open a topic and see what it is?

ALL YOUR ARCHITECTURES ARE OURS.

• Like 5

I see this sort of crap on SkyscraperCity all the time.

I guess architecture pages attract a lot of international traffic, so spammers target them.

yeah not sure...but wow i bet you the real posts are way back on like page 15 to 20 now...

also if someone needs me to help delete fake topics by making me a temp moderator i am happy to help for about 30 minutes...just let me know

again, i am willing to delete alot of the post if that is what is needed...if someone wants to make me a temp moderator to try to do that i will be happy to help! gene 

Think someone in Korea was just a little too excited to show us their new project. That's it guys.

Edit: And they're definitely a HAIFer cause they knew to target Going Up! .... I for damn sure wouldn't have noticed if this campaign was posted in "Meanwhile, in the Rest of the World..." :lol:

For anyone wondering, most of the latest project news starts on page 14 now.

Edited by Triton

Holy cow. I was wondering why Nole was spamming all the threads with some comment about bumping to get ahead of the spam. Now I see the real mess.. What the heck?

9 hours ago, H-Town Man said:

Meanwhile Wayne is sipping daiquiris on a beach in Dubai. Any way we can buzz him?

Not so much sipping daquiris as lumbering across the desert in a smelly Greyhound bus with no internet access.  

It looks like the mods managed to get it under control without me, but I'll take a look and see if there's any hidden damage.

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Montrose1100 said:

Gene was so desperate to be a mod.

Your day will come Gene, your day will come...

• Like 1

Woow, instead of coming on HAIF excited to see something new or updates, I come on here to find 16 pages filled with spam...that's a shame, never thought something like this would've happened to HAIF...

I couldn't find the thread about this.  Anyway, most of the Korean bot-spam should be deleted or unviewable now.  Sorry for the inconvenience.  

• Like 2

I tried running one of the posts through Google translate and the only thing that popped out was links about online gambling.  And there I was hoping they were messages to us from the Dear Leader.  

• Like 2

I'm glad to see that the problem has been addressed. Reading through this thread, I was beginning to think that we were about to be over-thrown by the bots. 

About 1/4 of the current posts are about Houston development or architecture.  May not be bot spam but the board is getting pretty spammy.

Edited by kbates2

17 minutes ago, kbates2 said:

About 1/4 of the current posts are about Houston development or architecture.  May not be hot spam but the board is getting pretty spammy.

I've noticed that too - there are a lot more non-architecture related posts lately

Edited by HoustonMidtown

Hey team we do have some activity changes, and have been reaching out to increase participation, but it needs to be appropriate and we want your feedback.  We do need your help.  Please report the post if you feel it is in error or off topic. (including the current ones,, you mention above) 

We are also  low on and looking for both neighborhood and community wide moderators.  If interested just let me know and i will put you on the list for consideration.  

if anyone has experience with the IPS Community Suite 4.x please also let us know - publicly or email link to contact us form found at the bottom of each page.