Haven't Heard Much From The Other States

mrfootball

Seems throughout the duration of this tragedy that Texas and Texas alone has provided much of the help for our neighbors in New Orleans. I'm wondering where is the outpouring of support from the other states? Where's the 'cause celebre' from Hollywood that poured out during the Tsunami?

Georgia has taken in a lot of people but not as much as Texas. Delta airlines went into New Orleans just to bring food and supplies to the city, but felt so sorry for the people that they flew as many as they could to Atlanta and are going back for more. Form there, they will fly the people where ever they want or they can stay there.

Seems throughout the duration of this tragedy that Texas and Texas alone has provided much of the help for our neighbors in New Orleans. I'm wondering where is the outpouring of support from the other states? Where's the 'cause celebre' from Hollywood that poured out during the Tsunami?

National Guard troops are massing in Arkansas and Illinois.

Today I saw that Broadway-types have donated $100,000 to the Red Cross.

That's all I've seen so far, aside from the big NBC celebrity telethon coming this weekend.

Georgia has taken in a lot of people but not as much as Texas. Delta airlines went into New Orleans just to bring food and supplies to the city, but felt so sorry for the people that they flew as many as they could to Atlanta and are going back for more. Form there, they will fly the people where ever they want or they can stay there.

United Airlines is doing the same thing -- flying in planeloads of water, and flying out planeloads of people who can connect from Chicago to any city they want for free.

Archived