HAIF - Houston's original social media

Does Houston Really Want These People?

^^^

Please don't throw around terms that don't have any backing.

I much rather read these posts of true feelings of a situation. These are valid concerns. They may not pan out at all, but these concerns will help us be more prepared.

I personally don't care about business relocation, increased population. I'm more concerned with how will deal with this influx of people that have no other place to turn too.

Why is Enron mentioned? What does that mean? It has nothing to do with the situation.

Also, you need to know what the term racists means before you throw it around too. Posters on this forum may be show prejudices, but hardly are being racist. Racism is a prejudice follow by actions against a race. I don't think people are actively going out and stoping these people from coming here.

^^^

Please don't throw around terms that don't have any backing.

I much rather read these posts of true feelings of a situation.  These are valid concerns.  They may not pan out at all, but these concerns will help us be more prepared.

I personally don't care about business relocation, increased population.  I'm more concerned with how will deal with this influx of people that have no other place to turn too.

Why is Enron mentioned?  What does that mean?  It has nothing to do with the situation.

Also, you need to know what the term racists means before you throw it around too.  Posters on this forum may be show prejudices, but hardly are being racist.  Racism is a prejudice follow by actions against a race.  I don't think people are actively going out and stoping these people from coming here.

Enron was the epitome of greed. If I need to explain the greed then you don't get it. And racism hides under the cloak of prejudice in a politically-correct world.

If you believe we live in a politically correct world, then that some really thick foggy glasses you were. I'm glad we don't live a politically correct world. To me, Politically correctness hides truths and masks realities, no way to deal with problems.

So some people are greedy, but their question of are the businesses going to move here is no different than what happend in New York City after 9/11. Many offices are still on Long Island and in New Jersey since they lost office space in lowre Manhattan.

If you believe we live in a politically correct world, then that some really thick foggy glasses you were.  I'm glad we don't live a politically correct world.  To me, Politically correctness hides truths and masks realities, no way to deal with problems.

So some people are greedy, but their question of are the businesses going to move here is no different than what happend in New York City after 9/11.  Many offices are still on Long Island and in New Jersey since they lost office space in lowre Manhattan.

Prove me wrong then. Show me the racists with the "______ leave Houston" signs. You can't because it's a personal liability to be an overt racists.